Rewatched UFC 79 this morning....

9secCobra

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Can't remember a time I was so excited to gladly hand over $55 for HD since...

Damn, talk about an event everyone was pumped for, miss those days :icon_sad:

Sokoudjou was supposed to be the coming of Cameroon Jesus.

Was sooo amped for that card.

The Liddel - Silva fight lived up to the hype.

And watching GSP dismantle Hughes and making him screammmm TAP was just glorious.

too bad the hype for Soa and sokoudjou hype trains were derailed big time.

I remember I had a bunch of friends over who have never seen an event and I hype the shit out of him.

He came out with the Preditor mask looking like a bodybuilder. Everyone was like "holy crap"...too only be Machida'd

It's always a treat when Mark Bocek is booked.

I still have my angry PMs from Sherdoggers who were upset that I said he was over rated after the Lil Nog fight.

He came out with the Preditor mask looking like a bodybuilder. Everyone was like "holy crap"...too only be Machida'd
The most hilarious part of that fight was Rogan hyping up Soko's world class judo, only to be deashi harai'd like a scrub 5 seconds later.

I remember watching UFC 86 and was so happy I bought it. Although the Koscheck/Lytle bloodfest was something I don't ever want to remember. One of the few PPVs were the main event was worth the money itself. Plys I was a huge Forrest Griffin nut hugger at the time so I just loved it.

79 was amazing as well. But I didn't watch it live :-/

Did you watch on MASN? The replays are great. It seems they've stopped showing Pride events this week.

Just googled that card. Wow I remember that event.. even the fucking prelims were stacked.

Just googled that card. Wow I remember that event.. even the fucking prelims were stacked.

They didn't televise the prelims back then, did they? I remember recently looking at UFC 100 and being surprised at the guys that were on the prelims of that.

This was either the first or 2nd UFC I ever bought since UFC 5.

I dont miss waiting so much. Now I get to see great fights on cards that you pay very little for (fightpass/cable) every week to every other week.

It's better now then it used to be IMO

They didn't televise the prelims back then, did they? I remember recently looking at UFC 100 and being surprised at the guys that were on the prelims of that.

This was either the first or 2nd UFC I ever bought since UFC 5.

I believe they started with either 103 or 104. They had to buy time for the first prelims and then eventually Spike jumped on it full time.

It was my first live mma event. Sister moved to Vegas a few months earlier and it was a perfect excuse to visit.

Back