Rewatched UFC 79 this morning....

I will remember UFC 79 forever. It was my very first live UFC event and I got to witness the epic showdown between Wand and Chuck. Absolutely amazing night and is still to this day the best sporting event I have ever been to.

"Go learn some Ju Jitsu Melvin" Classic... LOL

Memories....

Guillard was the first fighter I ever saw live, at UFC 114. Was like 1/8 of the crowd there but I had spent $650 for my tickets so I wasn't going to miss anything but I was running really hot at the poker table at MGM and didn't want to leave so I came in for what I thought was the televised prelims and saw this black guy with gold hair that I didn't recognize.

I only became a fan in like 2008 and even then I got maybe 2-3 shows a year. Going to Vegas for 114 and seeing it live was what hooked me as a fan. Will always remember Guillard though...

Damn this makes me miss the old days...

Not the same now it seems

I remember watching UFC 86 and was so happy I bought it. Although the Koscheck/Lytle bloodfest was something I don't ever want to remember. One of the few PPVs were the main event was worth the money itself. Plys I was a huge Forrest Griffin nut hugger at the time so I just loved it.

79 was amazing as well. But I didn't watch it live :-/

UFC 86 was my first event I went to live. Great time...except I was a Rampage nut hugger who was irate at that decision.

That was a great card. That was back when there would be about 15-20 people at my buddy's house chipping in for every ppv. Now I only have one or two friends left that even gives a fuck about the fights anymore; and that's only if there is an old-school fighter on the card.

I think that was the first PPV I actually ordered. I've ordered a lot since and have been both more excited before and more satisfied after several cards. I appreciate your nostalgia but I think it's a little out of sync with reality.

The most hilarious part of that fight was Rogan hyping up Soko's world class judo, only to be deashi harai'd like a scrub 5 seconds later.
The only throw in that fight was Soko on Machida, although he got butterfly swept immediately after landing. The only other "takedown" was Machida doing his ninja shit: Soko round kicks; Counter left/kick out the supporting leg.

Unless somehow I'm missing something. I've seen that fight like 30 times

That was a memorable card. Lyoto elbowed Soko in the leg one time and made a huge bump on his quad; so weird.

UFC 86 was my first event I went to live. Great time...except I was a Rampage nut hugger who was irate at that decision.

UFC 168 was my first event, fucking hell it was epic (even though I'm a massive Anderson fan). Going to a live cage fighting event is something everyone should do in their life.

UFC 168 was my first event, fucking hell it was epic (even though I'm a massive Anderson fan). Going to a live cage fighting event is something everyone should do in their life.

Wish I was at that one. I was at 162 and the moment when Weidman knocked out Silva, I went completely mental. People in the audience were hugging each other (me included) and I completely lost my voice from screaming so loud.

And that was after I was sure I had watched the fight of the year between Frankie and Oliveiria

The only throw in that fight was Soko on Machida, although he got butterfly swept immediately after landing. The only other "takedown" was Machida doing his ninja shit: Soko round kicks; Counter left/kick out the supporting leg.

Unless somehow I'm missing something. I've seen that fight like 30 times
It's been a very long time since I've seen the fight, but I'm pretty sure Machida tripped Soko to the ground. Deashi harai is a basic forward foot sweep.

It's been a very long time since I've seen the fight, but I'm pretty sure Machida tripped Soko to the ground. Deashi harai is a basic forward foot sweep.

Nah, the other guy is right. Machida gets tripped by Sok and then immediately gets a butterfly sweep into top position where he controlled Sok for most of the remainder of the round. In the 2nd round he drops Sok with a short punch that drops him allowing Machida to once again gain a dominant top position.

Cool cool. I stand corrected.

Back