Revisiting Costa Vs Romero

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
F*ck what a badass fight. Easily one of the top 10 in UFC history.

zzzz2.jpg

zzz1.jpg

zzzz5.jpg

zzzz3.jpg

How much do you think Dayna paid Costa and Romero for this epic CTE inducing bloodbath?

120k /150k....
6WbYrvD.png 3212273902.png

Last edited:
Kinda wanna see Yoel beat Izzy so we can see this again. I'll watch these two monsters try and take each other's heads off any day of the week.

Yoel so far was the only one to make it look competitive, even get to a close decision, with this Brazilian monster. The shots Yoel took would make any other MW whimper and quit.

On the side note: Yoel backed off whenever he got Costa at the back of the cage because he knew Costa will just win the close quarters battle. It's the reason why he had a hard time using his defense. Costa has short but incredibly powerful hands and tries to close in on you via unrelenting pressure. Fighters with longer arms just anatomically are at disadvantage here, and Costa physically is just tremendous. Against Izzy's slower distance striking, Yoel will be able to use his defense and pacing strengths.

I actually rewatched this fight with my dad today because he was visiting. My dad doesn't follow the sport, but he was like "this Romero guy sure is quite the character having his tongue out like that". I was like "Yea he sure is, we are lucky to have him"

834bfaf837_1539011262_Het-was-een-van-die-Russische-spionnen.gif

I thought Romero won but it was on a razors edge. Costa impressed me.

Great fight, just wish Gay Jaysus was more active but I understand that might be unrealistic given his age lol

I still thought Romero won. Not sure he deserves a title shot with how many times he’s missed weight.

Yoel so far was the only one to make it look competitive, even get to a close decision, with this Brazilian monster. The shots Yoel took would make any other MW whimper and quit.

On the side note: Yoel backed off whenever he got Costa at the back of the cage because he knew Costa will just win the close quarters battle. It's the reason why he had a hard time using his defense. Costa has short but incredibly powerful hands and tries to close in on you via unrelenting pressure. Fighters with longer arms just anatomically are at disadvantage here, and Costa physically is just tremendous. Against Izzy's slower distance striking, Yoel will be able to use his defense and pacing strengths.

Imo I see Izzy having a much harder time with Costa than Romero. He can easily sit back and snipe Romero for 5 rounds, as Romero will be to afraid to get aggressive and gas. Whereas Costa's pressure has a good chance of making Izzy cave.

I actually rewatched this fight with my dad today because he was visiting. My dad doesn't follow the sport, but he was like "this Romero guy sure is quite the character having his tongue out like that". I was like "Yea he sure is, we are lucky to have him"

834bfaf837_1539011262_Het-was-een-van-die-Russische-spionnen.gif

Still cant believe he ate some of those shots that Costa landed....

What a war. Hope we get a rematch at some point.

Great fight. I thought the pressure would be too much for Romero, and I guess it was since he lost... but he took it all and rallied in the third. It's what makes him a compelling match for Izzy, you can outbox him all day and then still get ko'd.

Yes that was fight of the year for sure

Epic 1st round. And Costa won decisively 1 and 2

Back