Revisiting Costa Vs Romero

Privileged to see it live. That was crazy, and the crowd reactions made it even more intense. My favorite fight of the year — and I'm a goddamn Stipe-stan, so consider how much it means when I put it above the fight where Miocic gets his belt back.

Privileged to see it live. That was crazy, and the crowd reactions made it even more intense. My favorite fight of the year — and I'm a goddamn Stipe-stan, so consider how much it means when I put it above the fight where Miocic gets his belt back.

Must have been sick, I can only imagine what the energy must have been like in there. They had to have heard that kick that Costa hit Romero with in the nosebleeds...

It was a great fight. A lot of folks thought it was closer than I did as I felt Costa had a comfortable lead, but everyone sees fights differently. I was thinking Romero should impose his wrestling and then when he finally did in the 3rd round, Costa bounced up instantly and it wasn't very effective. Romero has never really been a threat on top but he's usually good for a takedown when he needs one. I'd love to see a rematch some day.

Imo I see Izzy having a much harder time with Costa than Romero. He can easily sit back and snipe Romero for 5 rounds, as Romero will be to afraid to get aggressive and gas. Whereas Costa's pressure has a good chance of making Izzy cave.
Yeah, I agree.
I fucking hate Izzy's guts, but I don't see Romero having a great day when they fight. IF Romero takes his head off tho, I'll be ecstatic.

Yeah.

Costa should get more credit for straight up brawling with Romero.

Yoel is not nearly as avoided as Izzy and the UFC are trying to push the narrative on (a lot of guys called him out) but nobody fights him like Paulo did.

Back