Review of CSI Grappling Shin-Instep Guard. With PICS.

freemember05 said:
Hey I have a question for anyone who's tried these... Do these have too much protection where it won't toughin up you shins because I was looking for a pair to protect but still strengthen my shins. Also Im about 6 ft 170 and was wondering what size what be right for me. Would appreciate the help

Thanks

If you want to condition your shins, these are by far the best shinpads to get (just look at the material) By the way, this isn't some BS opinion, I've heard this multiple places (I asked people..both Sherdog and Combat Sports live help..as well as CSI fighters :p):

TSIG-2_2.jpg

Buy from: http://www.riofightwear.com/Windy_Traditional_Shin_Instep_Guards_p/tsig2.htm
or http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf.aspx?ID=22332 . Great price for what you're getting...HARD SHINS =D

I bought these from RioFightWear and they will arrive in little over a week..maybe I'll give them a review - might be fun =)

I guess i'll order the garppling shin-guards in a Xl-large.

And likkuid I think you need to take some time off the computer you just started on this forum just this month and have a yellow belt and more posts than me.:icon_surp

Crazy_Jab215 said:
I guess i'll order the garppling shin-guards in a Xl-large.

And likkuid I think you need to take some time off the computer you just started on this forum just this month and have a yellow belt and more posts than me.:icon_surp

LOL I joined 3 days ago. Forums aren't my thing, this is the only one I've posted in for a LONG time. Just have so many posts cause I was really wondering what equipment/things to buy ;)

Got what I came for, but I like the forums so much I decided to post even t3h more >=D

jp jp ;)

these shin instep gaurd are the best instep gaurds ive ever owned i dont feel a thing when i spar full contact

Got one size too small. Went with a large and they fit great. Have used them a little bit and they feel good. I like them. Dont know how well they condition your shins just yet, havnt used them that much. But overall a pretty good buy!

have any of you guys used them in strictly muay thai spars? i know theyre meant for grappling which leads me to wonder if they provide the support needed for kick after kick after kick which is normal for your average muay thai spar. i'm at that stage where i primarly spar standup only.. but in time itll probably shift to alot more work on the ground. ive been recommended these shin guards because alot of other shin guards move like motherfuckers all over your legs even in regular muay thai spars, and i want to avoid that.

b0necrusher said:
Anybody notice the TUF 3 guys wearing these?
I saw the CSI logo all over the place on the show.
Looks like CSI's really getting huge!

Well CSI is owned by Ringside, and Dana White is on the Ringside executive committee or something like that.

For those of you who have bought a Large, what is your height/weight, I'm 6'1" 185 which is right on the cutoff for L/XL and am wondering what size to order. Thanks.

im 6'3'' 205 lbs, the XL's fit me pretty comfortably...

6'1" 225 and I got a pair of XL's that fit great. The UPS guy gave me "a look" as a waited for him to come up to the door today. :)

Holy Crap these things are comfortable. They are soo much more comfortable and easier to move around in than my Fairtex Pro Shingaurds. I'm amazed.

I plan on using these for MMA sparring, or if my wife or someone else needs to use my other shin gaurds. For strictly Muay Thai sparring I may stick to my Fairtex's because they are much thicker... but I love these.

when i ordered thai pads from combat sports and it was shipped to canada the shipping cost or like the cost to get over the border was like 65.00 bucks, the delivery time was pretty good they said like 3-5 business days it i recived my pads in like 2 days so even sooner than they quoted me

170latinobest said:
the shipping cost or like the cost to get over the border was like 65.00 bucks
was that including CSI's shipping charges or on top of them?

Back