Review of CSI Grappling Shin-Instep Guard. With PICS.

If you PM me with your Postal Code and address I would love to check on that for you.

are mods able to add subforums to this section? if so it'd be nice if there was a subforum strictly for detailed reviews such as this one and phenom's recent glove review. It'd be easier to find feedback on some items we'd be interested to buy instead of having the review eventually get bumped to the older pages and have multiple new threads asking for opinions of items that have already been thoroughly reviewed and discussed

I like it too, we can get review requests to see if any of us regular reviewers can get some of the gear and it will make the reviews that much more accessable and easy to find.

WMah said:
are mods able to add subforums to this section? if so it'd be nice if there was a subforum strictly for detailed reviews such as this one and phenom's recent glove review. It'd be easier to find feedback on some items we'd be interested to buy instead of having the review eventually get bumped to the older pages and have multiple new threads asking for opinions of items that have already been thoroughly reviewed and discussed

That is a good idea! Would really cut down on having to wade through the rest of the stuff.

its a great idea i think. Can the mods make it happen? Im sure there are tons of reviews on things that have been pushed back so far i havnt read em. Especialy with the sport starting to grow and so many new companys and products comming out i think a forum just for reviews would be great.

I got a ton of stuff from CSI and I just placed an order for these pads. Thank you so much for being so helpful (even when UPS were a bunch of fucktards).

Shadowdean said:
I got a ton of stuff from CSI and I just placed an order for these pads. Thank you so much for being so helpful (even when UPS were a bunch of fucktards).
Just so you know, I ordered these pads on 12/9 and I still haven't received mine yet.

Just figured I'd give you a heads up.

Anybody notice the TUF 3 guys wearing these?
I saw the CSI logo all over the place on the show.
Looks like CSI's really getting huge!

Just to let you know, order your true size. I bought one size larger based on the info in this thread and they were a tad bit too big.

I believe that. Joe said the smaller size was due to mistakes by the manufacturer, and that the rest that they made would be true to size.

I have a pair. They work, feel and look great...but mine are just a tad too small and are ripping along the seam in the back. Make sure you get the right size or they'll tear on you.

Hey I have a question for anyone who's tried these... Do these have too much protection where it won't toughin up you shins because I was looking for a pair to protect but still strengthen my shins. Also Im about 6 ft 170 and was wondering what size what be right for me. Would appreciate the help

Thanks

i ordered the biggest size they had, i wonder if i got a small size run pair, i like these things but they dont fit me well at all. Takes forever to get them on and off i am a big guy 6'2 310 but my legs are not fat or anything they just are so tight.I gave them to my bro in law and he ordered me a set of windy's hope these ones fit me better , and i know they will be alot easier to get on and off with the straps :)

freemember05 said:
Hey I have a question for anyone who's tried these... Do these have too much protection where it won't toughin up you shins because I was looking for a pair to protect but still strengthen my shins. Also Im about 6 ft 170 and was wondering what size what be right for me. Would appreciate the help

Thanks
i do a round or two with them on and we just check kicks with them and trust me you still feel it :) they will still allow for shin conditioning

b0necrusher said:
They do look thin, but they are stiff and dense. I'd say they're great for all-around work. If you (or your partner) are a heay hitter, you might want to go with something thicker, but I think they'd be great for whatever you're doing.
I kick prety hard for my size, and these held up great! But I haven't gotten a chance to spar with anybody else yet. Just my own personal testing, and bag work.

Did you actually try shin-on-shin hard contact with these? I'd be scared not having the extra padding ridge along the shin...

Just to let everyone know. I just got my CSI grappling shinguards in and I got a regular. I am 5' 11" and 150 lbs. It took me a total of 2 1/2 hours to get these pads on and then off again. WAY TOO TIGHT. I am gonna send them back and get the Large size. I hope this helps! From what I seen on these things great idea, but sizing needs to be a little more accurate. Other than that they are great pads. Good padding, not as thick as some strap ons. But will hold up to full contact sparring. I will try and update this as soon as I get my new size.

Back