reverse dips?

killer_kicks88

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
is this motion safe?...i generally like to work in planes of motion, dips being one of my pet lifts, and this other lift (which is grabbing dumbells and doing a dip motion, elbows tucked, pulling up) are in the same plane of motion, is it in any way bad for me?...it feels great to perform, real delts, traps and biseps all get worked here, what's your guys thoughts?

That would be called a dumbbell row, and it's a good lat exercise, but obviously works different parts than dips do.

well im standing straight up, it's not a row, and of COURSE it works different muscles than a dip, ones a push, ones a pull, but thank you for the reply

i saw exactly what you're talking about (raising dumbells to armpits, yes?) in a javorek complex. i assume they are safe...(??)

seems like it, ya it;s pretty much to the armpits, as long so the elbows stay close to the body and you're pulling upward then you get the idea

ummm and upright dumbbell rows? you start with the weights by your waist then row them up to inbetween your armpits. some say that the exercise i'm talking about is bad for your rotator cuffs, but i'm not really sure what exercise you're talking about

Sounds to me like a crappy combination of a shoulder move and a row. In several years of weightlifting, I have never heard of this being described as a proven exercise.

I haven't tried this either. Sounds like it might put undue stress on the shoulders, like dai pointed out.

Back