Retiring on top is so rare...

I think it's admirable to continue fighting, if past prime fighters didn't fight we wouldn't have the stars of today.

If Hughes retired after finishing GSP, GSP wouldn't be who he is today.

If Andy retired after Bonnar, the Chris wouldn't be the Chris.

Pay homage to the warriors who go out on their shields.
It's fine to either retire or continue, but those past fighters shouldn't be around just for someone to make a name off of them. It's not their responsibility to lose so someone else can get attention.

Lewis was near 40

Gsp was not slipping, the competition was getting harder and he ran for the exit

Lewis didn't come back like a sneak thief and beat a weak champion in Wilder, when he could have

GSP is still waiting in the wings for a smaller fighter in khabib

I would respect gsp more if he actually stayed retired

So no, I am not a hypocrite
Yes, you are and obviously it’s fueled by hatred for GSP.

Put Jon Jones up there.

even if he loses at this point it literally means fuck all.

Lennox Lewis did it
GSP did it. (Even if he does fight Khabib,his legacy is already assured,and his first "career" was over,as champion.
Khabib could possibly do it.
It is possible that Stipe OR DC will have this oppurtunity as well.
Cejudo did it,but i dont think his intention was to retire at all,just overplayed his hand.

I get it that they might not be your particular favorite fighter but people just get so bent out of shape when guys want to retire on their terms. Its masterful if you can pull it off. No one is required to fight until they lose.
There will ALWAYS be someone new. You cant go on forever. Best to make the choice before its made for you.
I consider MJ retiring after his 2nd 3peat going out on top, getting the final basket to win it.

The GOAT of all GOATs
5cb2ae752ccda689f344f120a8e9e4b9

Reactions: HHJ
I think it's admirable to continue fighting, if past prime fighters didn't fight we wouldn't have the stars of today.

If Hughes retired after finishing GSP, GSP wouldn't be who he is today.

If Andy retired after Bonnar, the Chris wouldn't be the Chris.

Pay homage to the warriors who go out on their shields.
Agree so much. People put way too much stress on W-L records, the honorable should be honored. So grateful we got to watch guys like Henderson and Shogun.

Back