Respect people's goddarn country when you visit...

Originally posted by Magic Man
What the FUCK? Haven't you ever seen a rubbish bin you idiots?

I've seen garbage cans before but I'm not sure I've checked out a 'rubbish bin'...

Stop being so prissy. Move to a melting pot like the U.S. and see how much diverse culture you get. You'll be mugged by a black guy, get your hubcaps stolen by a spanish fellow and then some chinese guy is going to try to sell you 10 batteries and a slinky. Welcome to my world.

Originally posted by vod

I've seen garbage cans before but I'm not sure I've checked out a 'rubbish bin'...

Stop being so prissy. Move to a melting pot like the U.S. and see how much diverse culture you get. You'll be mugged by a black guy, get your hubcaps stolen by a spanish fellow and then some chinese guy is going to try to sell you 10 batteries and a slinky. Welcome to my world.

HAHAHA, man that sounds like much fun.

And yeah punk momma, I guess my rant was broader than what the title suggests.

- m

Only one of you one-culture Aussie's would think about that shit. You can come to New York and sit down on a train. Not only will you see 20 different nationalities sitting among you but you'll notice about 8 different SPECIES of human riding the rails with you.

hang on, you've missed the point of the post!

I ain't banging on other cultures who are in Australia, we are damned multi-cultural. I ain't complaing about the ones that live here, cause they know the the rules and customs and know how to respect that. It's the one's from o/s that come here not knowing what the hell they are doing and piss people off - at least they should make a fucking effort to find out what is and is not acceptable.

Just like in a gym, if a new guy comes in, doesn't regard the ettiquette hogs the benches and doesn't make an attempt to at least find out what they are, then he's a fuckhead too.

- m

Originally posted by vod
Only one of you one-culture Aussie's would think about that shit. You can come to New York and sit down on a train. Not only will you see 20 different nationalities sitting among you but you'll notice about 8 different SPECIES of humor riding the rails with you.

Mate, you haven't ever been here have you?

Australia is a very diverse place, believe me. melbourne has the second largest population of greeks in the WORLD outside of Athens, there is a huge number of Italian, LEbanese, other miscellaneous European and Northern African's here, not to mention the thousands upon thousands of Asians.
There are parts of town you don't go to unless you are a certain race, much like how places in the states sound.
believe me, we are far from being a one race society

Tenacious...I think I know what I'm talking about because I lived in NYC for 10 years so I know exactly where everyone is coming from actually...but, I just don't think that any of the issues that people posted were really problems and really showed some insecurity of people.

The only reason that I posted about the Americans was to illustrate that a lot of Americans or Westerners are guilty of the same thing....in fact we all tend to forget to behave sometimes at other places because it is not our home.

And I've only lived in Taiwan for a total of 2 years of my adult life so I'm only beginning to learn the language and costumes...and it's hard to learn a new language and a new way of living, so give those damn immigrants a break guys....
I mean...try to picture yourself in their shoes and see how you fair?

hey cheeba, where were you from originally before moving to taiwan?

- m

PS. I know what you are saying, but sometimes people don't even make an effort to learn and that's the worst part.

Cheeba, regardless of what you may think, Taiwan is not your country. The Taiwanese created their country, you are just an immigrant.

Africans, American Indians, and Nordic Europeans created what is now known as the USA. They have a connection to this country and its history that no foreigner may be part of. They have no history here, and only come here to serve their own selfish purposes and exploit what already makes our country as shitty as it has become. Most are disrespectful and isolationist.

They can lick my balls.

And nobody wants your dirty ugly Asian girls. They got a whole isolated community of them about three blocks down the street.

Magic Man - I lived in California and NY before I moved to Taiwan...

I hear you about people not wanting to learn but sadly we can't make them learn if they don't want to and we definitely shouldn't get all worked up over it...

And Iron Lung...I don't see your point...
I was going to write a long rebuttal... but I figured why bother because all I'm gonna get is something really offensive and childish right back...

Originally posted by vod

Grrrr....vod is disrespecting our language.....burn him.

The only countries that are now one race nations are the ones where the immigrants come from in the first place. In england we have massive pakistani poulation as well as indian and various carribean and mostly any other cultures such as croation and any eastern europe and asian countries.

The problems come when people isolate themselves and refuse to assimilate. theres been a massive debate going on here.....people are being forced to take the english flag down cause some 'racists' think it disrepects them and when a argument is put to them its ends up where the race card is played. Personally the chinese people and the blacks (in england) seem to mostly adapt and change to their surroundings here.

I just re-read your post and I'm going to write because I am a little bit angry now...

Iron Lung - You did not build this country...your ancestors did... and to play that race card is absolutely retarded...The Chinese invented the paper but do I go around and tell people that they can't use paper without first acknowledging me because my ancestors created paper and that they have nothing to do with it. NO!!! Why? Because I have nothing to do with the invention of paper...and neither did you have anything to do with the contruction of America...every race came to the US hoping for a better living and if you think that's selfish then damn straight I'm guilty of that...I think everyone is guilty of that....
America was built by immigrants...and it is always the ones who arrived earlier shitting on the ones who arrived later...and that has led to many many tragedies...
I'm tired now...going to sleep...will complete this post later...

ok gentlemans
you must see the people who came to spain,thinking that this is theparty country!!!-obviosly,the common people of my country hates the bulls,the fucking matadores,and all this shity propaganda of the south provinces,with his dancers,blood and honour and other shit.(and the people who think that spain is in southamerica,mainly u.s.a. people-a friend of mine went to boston this summer and the people ask him on what bus he had come to u.s.a-
i can see all summer tourist pissing on our monuments,belching on the restaurants and go screaming drunk by the street.
then,people,don,t generalize.there are son of a bitch on every culture or country.
and who says that the spanish girl are cold?have you been here?
p.s.
of course ,there are many motherfucker on spain too!!

When did I say I built this country?

You show your ignorance already by assuming I included myself in those that built this country. Dumbarse.

America was founded by immigrants, therefore they and there descendants are known as the FOUNDERS of this country. After that, everyone else are just plain immigrants. Big difference.

And where did I pull a race card? You don't even know what race I am. Don't get mad because I make valid points. Sometimes the truth hurts.

My people came here 75 years ago from Germany, making me a descendant of immigrants. But eventually we adapted to the American way of life and I can be considered wholly American. I wish they would've never come here. It still isn't my country though. Germany is my fatherland.

So don't assume, because you know what happens then. And I said "most" immigrants were selfish and exploiting, meaning not all. Don't be so offended.

And if I really wanted an Asian chick I'd put all kinds of ridiculously unnecessary appendages onto a Japanese-made car and go wannabeeing my way into their lame circle and hide from the rest of the world.

Funny though how Asians think they make a statement by only using Japanese cars, when Japan just appreciates the gesture from people they've conquered many times before. Only this time they are doing it by making all of their cars.

Think about it.

America was founded by immigrants, therefore they and there descendants are known as the FOUNDERS of this country. After that, everyone else are just plain immigrants. Big difference.

The only difference I see between founders and "plain immigrants" is the time of arrival.

In your previous post, you mentioned that all the other race and cultures beside the founders have no history here and I believe that is incorrect...
Every culture or race has contributed to the growth of the US somewhere along its history...I think you're just failed to realize that...

And you made another point about you being completely American...what makes you more American than any other person in America...because you speak English? Or what? watch the Simpsons...play football....what? There are millions of other people around the world that are American as you are if you just judgement everything on such a superficial level...

You've failed to realize the ultimate point of being American and that is America is for every culture regardless of how they want to live. The fact that a group of people wants to isolate themselves is ok and does not make them less of an american as long as they don't harm other people...right?
Why do a group of people suck if they isolate themselves...why should everyone conform to the lifestyle that you see as fitting of an American...what happened to the freedom of expression...

I assumed the things about you because your arguments have led me to think that way...but either way...whether I'm wrong in my assumption or not, your arguments failed to prove anything but the fact that you judge people based on a very narrow minded point of view...
Learn to accept...learn to be forgiving...
And no need for personal attacks....aight bitch....j/k
I kind of enjoy doing this....
I haven't been posting this often for a long time now....

I'm asian and I don't do that. You generalise too much iron lung - oh well everyone does it sometimes I guess.

You've got some good points cheeba.

-m

Back