Multiplatform Resident Evil 4: Remake

Are you excited for the remake?

• Total voters
Apparently the fanbase for it isn't big enough.

RE4 isn't a perfect game, but its still one of the greatest games of all time. Based on the fact the RE2make team is developing this I suspect they're going to get just as many things wrong as right, just as they did with RE2make.

I'm guessing since it was announced at the Sony Conference its going to be a PS5 exclusive, right?
No it’s not a PS exclusive.

I guess we're supposed to forget Code Veronica ever existed.

<26>

CV clearly has the most potential for a REmake from the ground-up.

*Add elements to make it replayable from other RE games.... and possibly make it the most replayable.
*Add more team-up interaction between Claire & Chris.
*Make Steve far less annoying. It was like they wanted the audience cry tiers of joy when he 'tragicly' dies.

....and well I haven't played it in 20 years, so I'm stumped.

CV clearly has the most potential for a REmake from the ground-up.

*Add elements to make it replayable from other RE games.... and possibly make it the most replayable.
*Add more team-up interaction between Claire & Chris.
*Make Steve far less annoying. It was like they wanted the audience cry tiers of joy when he 'tragicly' dies.

....and well I haven't played it in 20 years, so I'm stumped.
What do you do about Alfred though?

Got some rare things on sale, Stranger!

I’m never going to see a CV or Dino Crisis remake and it’s time I come to terms with that.

<2>

I’m never going to see a CV or Dino Crisis remake and it’s time I come to terms with that.

<2>

If the same team that did the RE3make was doing a 'CVmake' or 'DCmake,' would you really be excited for it?

Capcom hasn't been batting a thousand lately, or ever.

Even with the RE2make it seems they were working on a generation defining game, but was forced to release it without the polish it needed in many areas of the game. A 3-4 month delay would have been enough time to really make it the game worthy as being a remake of the original RE2.

RE3make? Ha. Needed another 6 months, at least.

Capcom's getting lazy, figuring their game sales are being driven by hype and nostalgia, and they may be right.

Why the fuck are they skipping codename veronica.
They've done it for years, at least since E3 2016 when they had a 20th anniversary video showing every main RE game except for CV.

If the same team that did the RE3make was doing a 'CVmake' or 'DCmake,' would you really be excited for it?

Even with the RE2make it seems they were working on a generation defining game, but was forced to release it without the polish it needed in many areas of the game. A 3-4 month delay would have been enough time to really make it the game worthy as being a remake of the original RE2.

Capcom's getting lazy, figuring their game sales are being driven by hype and nostalgia, and they may be right.
Yes

Haven't played it since playing it to death on the Gamecube so I'm all for it.

Capcom is widely regarded to be in a renaissance era and to suggest they might not have ever been a great company is straight up batshit crazy.

Also what's a DCmake? you talking about the Ninja Theory reboot?

Code Veronica is slept on.

Yes and no?

I have fond memories of it, but I don't believe it's ever been a huge seller(in terms of RE games), and most of the videos I've seen from people who revisit it, have a "I wish I kept my memories" vibe to them. It might be kept in the dark for a reason.

I’ve probably played RE4 more than any other game. I’m very excited to see a fresh take on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BackagainBert
Back