• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Resident Evil 2

Mcountry

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone played this game?

I'm stuck at the part where Mr X shows up and this fucking prick won't let me do anything. The moment I leave a safe room his footsteps are on me and I'm not even fucking moving. He's just glued to me in some stupid broken mechanic.

Very frustrating experience.

resident-evil-2-mr-x.jpg

Thats the point, do what you need to do quickly, complete your objectives and get the hell out, he walks slowly enough that you have time to run away.....

But its just as enjoyable to me to have Mr X give it to you.

He hears your footsteps, loud sounds and if you stand around in one place for too long. Just wait for him to leave and then slowly do what you have to do. Don't waste ammo.

If you avoid shooting, he will struggle to find you, Allowing you to go about your business as usual. if you gotta shoot, make sure you got a good exit strategy for when Mr X comes for you.

Lol, I can't figure out how to counter this enemy, game is broken!

Theres another giant thread on this already.

But i hate long threads.

I am...undecided if having mr asshole chase you around is a more exciting feature. It does get frustrating. Sometimes id like to take this game in and compare the experience to the original. But 90% of the time he shows up, i just say, god dammit. It didn't add any fun to my gaming experience looking back.

I was gonna replay the game, oh jesus, i did, hah, forgot! Well, i just replayed it with clair, made zero saves, but i didnt finish it "fast enough." Thought any score gives you SOMETHING to use in the next go around. (Thought id get an unbreakable knife, at the least)

I'd like to finish the game, maybe get some sort of unlimited ammo for something, take my time to look around, maybe fuck with mr x. Once thats done, then do the speed runs.

Thats what I did with the original anyway..

The MR X thing was the only thing I hated about the game. Same in RE7 I hated it as well. Part of the fun for me in RE2 was just exploring stuff and taking my time. He ruins that shit.

The MR X thing was the only thing I hated about the game. Same in RE7 I hated it as well. Part of the fun for me in RE2 was just exploring stuff and taking my time. He ruins that shit.
Theres another giant thread on this already.

But i hate long threads.

I am...undecided if having mr asshole chase you around is a more exciting feature. It does get frustrating. Sometimes id like to take this game in and compare the experience to the original. But 90% of the time he shows up, i just say, god dammit. It didn't add any fun to my gaming experience looking back.

I was gonna replay the game, oh jesus, i did, hah, forgot! Well, i just replayed it with clair, made zero saves, but i didnt finish it "fast enough." Thought any score gives you SOMETHING to use in the next go around. (Thought id get an unbreakable knife, at the least)

I'd like to finish the game, maybe get some sort of unlimited ammo for something, take my time to look around, maybe fuck with mr x. Once thats done, then do the speed runs.

Thats what I did with the original anyway..
He's a none factor in 80% of the game, maybe even 90%. I cant undertsnd how that'd ruin it for you.

He's a none factor in 80% of the game, maybe even 90%. I cant undertsnd how that'd ruin it for you.
Grabbing the electronic parts doesn’t even take that long lol probably like 20 minutes at the most. Mr X is essentially a non factor in the game and makes going back to the police station more exciting. Backtracking in the station without Mr X would be boring.

Grabbing the electronic parts doesn’t even take that long lol probably like 20 minutes at the most. Mr X is essentially a non factor in the game and makes going back to the police station more exciting. Backtracking in the station without Mr X would be boring.
Ahh you mean good game design?

But these fellas are crying....

It made the game a lot more exciting for me. He was just so damn scary for 5 mins and then you learn, he's always designed to give you space to run and do your thing.

Well it didn't ruin the game for me I just didn't like Mr X. I actually love Re2 it's a great game.

Well it didn't ruin the game for me I just didn't like Mr X. I actually love Re2 it's a great game.
Yup its my GOTY so far. Just a fantastic experience.

Id say cuz hes dominantly in the beginning where youre JUST getting a groove on, beginning to know the map, perhaps even having even supplies. Keeps it fresh, but looking back, it just felt like work.

Just dodge him homie. Don't waste a bullet on him, close in, back out. If you're thinking of using FB to escape, then don't rush in after you throw it because he throws a wild swing when blinded sometimes.

Id say cuz hes dominantly in the beginning where youre JUST getting a groove on, beginning to know the map, perhaps even having even supplies. Keeps it fresh, but looking back, it just felt like work.
He isn’t very prominent though, you got like 1 real objective to do while he’s around and that objective can be taken care of very quick.

He's a non factor if you complete the objectives as youre meant too. I dont understand...

Finish the objectives and he's gone, whats so hard about it. If it feels like he's following you for years, then I dont know what to tell you, as you should know the layout by the time he comes, so picking up the items and solving the puzzle is really quick...

He's a non factor if you complete the objectives as youre meant too. I dont understand...

Finish the objectives and he's gone, whats so hard about it. If it feels like he's following you for years, then I dont know what to tell you, as you should know the layout by the time he comes, so picking up the items and solving the puzzle is really quick...
Seems they got chased all over the station, shooting zombies and wondering why they couldn’t shake him off lol he’s attracted to gun fire, so I find if I barely shoot, he barely even keeps up with me.

Perhaps im just in awe of the game. There are many moments in games that i just want to stop and look at the details, catch some easter eggs, and most importantly, compare what i see/feel to the atmosphere of the original.

When it came to collecting weapons and such, most of the time, i did what we all did: conserve. Once i got to be able to use my weaponry, i cant...no, 'i shouldnt.' Fuuuuuuuck that. I want to see how good of a shot i can become with the hand gun, or blow off a room full of zombies legs with the shotgun, or go ape shit with the grenade launcher. On the first go through, i understand this is not the game for that, but god dammit to hell, i wanna do it and i remember doing that in the original games, but a rocket launcher with infinite ammo. I know i can just look up HOW to do it, but i just dont give that much of a shit to go thru as fast as i can to acquire that bonus. That would require practice, patience, and enjoyment of trial and error. Like i said, work.

To play devils advocate, if hes some a small detail, then why have him..

Seems they got chased all over the station, shooting zombies and wondering why they couldn’t shake him off lol he’s attracted to gun fire, so I find if I barely shoot, he barely even keeps up with me.
None of what you said isnt something i didnt know going in. I watched youtube preview vids and i owned it close to day 1.

Youre not gonna encapsulate us that easily.

It's not broken, you just have to think on your feet to avoid/distract him. I can understand it getting annoying though. Most games give you a breather to do other things. RE2 just says fuck all that. It is what it is. It's goal is constant tension and danger. It's true survival horror. Adapt or die.

Back