Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We do ito." lol

I'm looking forward to this and I hope they don't resort to tank controls and fixed camera angles. There's a reason why they were called 'tank controls' in the first place and isn't meant to be flattering. Fans are suffering from too much nostalgia asking for that.

Nope. Thoughts like this are what this game doesn't need. I played the REmake recently with tank controls and it was marvelous.

Nope, the fixed camera angles add to the suspense tremendously. As for the controls, they can do what they did for the REmaster and allow the analog stick to move you in whichever direction you point it. Problem solved.

If you want a third person shooter, play one.

If you want to play RE2 with 1990's controls, play the old one. If you need your character to not to be able to see in front of their face for suspense, close your eyes.

I just find that line of thinking retarded.

"I'm so excited about the RE2make! I just hope they change everything about it though."

And as was already pointed out, the REmaster was still fucking excellent. Tank controls and static cameras included. Turning the franchise into a third person action game is exactly why people have almost given up on the series.

"I'm so excited about the RE2make! I just hope they change everything about it though."

And as was already pointed out, the REmaster was still fucking excellent. Tank controls and static cameras included. Turning the franchise into a third person action game is exactly why people have almost given up on the series.

"I'm so excited about the RE2make! I just hope they don't change a thing though."

You know, you can still download it in all it's 90's glory in the PS store, right?

The REmake happened in 2002 when those controls were maybe borderline acceptable. If you think that there are two options: poor movement and sightlines vs. third person action game, that's you're limited imagination.

If game developers are worth a damn they can create a intense experience without having to cripple the character by making him have to move like a tank.

"I'm so excited about the RE2make! I just hope they don't change a thing though."

You know, you can still download it in all it's 90's glory in the PS store, right?

The REmake happened in 2002 when those controls were maybe borderline acceptable. If you think that there are two options: poor movement and sightlines vs. third person action game, that's you're limited imagination.

If game developers are worth a damn they can create a intense experience without having to cripple the character by making him have to move like a tank.

So you're copying what I'm saying now? Lol

That's exactly fucking right. I want them to do exactly what they did with REmake/REmaster. Keep the core of the game the same with a few added tweaks and a new coat of paint.

And yes, I am aware. I just played my original DS disc in my PS3 last night. Still a fantastic experience and arguably the best in the series.

I'm not talking about the REmake I'm talking about the REmaster which came out this year, dingus. It had excellent sales, people loved it, and it kept the same control scheme as the older games with an option to move your character around more freely with the analog stick.

I'm glad people like you are in the minority though. If Capcom has any sense they'll listen to what the actual fans of the series have to say, and we might just get a good product.

So you're copying what I'm saying now? Lol

That's exactly fucking right. I want them to do exactly what they did with REmake/REmaster. Keep the core of the game the same with a few added tweaks and a new coat of paint.

And yes, I am aware. I just played my original DS disc in my PS3 last night. Still a fantastic experience and arguably the best in the series.

I'm not talking about the REmake I'm talking about the REmaster which came out this year, dingus. It had excellent sales, people loved it, and it kept the same control scheme as the older games with an option to move your character around more freely with the analog stick.

I'm glad people like you are in the minority though. If Capcom has any sense they'll listen to what the actual fans of the series have to say, and we might just get a good product.

Copying what you say to make a point. It's just as easy to take what you said "I want a remake and everything must be changed" to "I want a remake and everything must stay the same." I know you were talking about the REmaster. That was a remaster of a game from 2002. Not a remake. Good job at keeping it civil. Opposing opinions are real tough to deal with, I guess.

Of course I'm in the minority. The rose tinted glasses are strong with this game. That's how people amazingly "like" a universally panned control scheme. Time has passed and now it's nostaglia. It's not looking at the subject objectively. Glad you pulled out the "actual fans" comment. Nothing says maturity like calling people with opposing opinions not true fans.

So again, since this is just nostalgia talking. Why was the REmaster, which was released this year, as well received as it was? With fans and critics alike.

I don't consider anyone who wants to turn RE2 into something it isn't a true fan. Sorry

The REmake embodied everything that made the original great but was still different enough that it felt fresh and exciting. They can give RE2 a proper remake without rewriting the book.

So again, since this is just nostalgia talking. Why was the REmaster, which was released this year, as well received as it was? With fans and critics alike.

I don't consider anyone who wants to turn RE2 into something it isn't a true fan. Sorry

Because of nostalgia? I bought it because of that. There is a huge fanbase for Resident Evil. Now they are remaking a game from the ground up and can fully use modern technology. One could argue that better voice acting and graphics makes RE2 something it "isn't."

I don't care in the slightest what you consider to be a true Scotsman. It's an poor, immature comment to make. If you can't handle my opposing stance and need to put me in a box, that's on you. No need to apologize to me.

The REmake embodied everything that made the original great but was still different enough that it felt fresh and exciting. They can give RE2 a proper remake without rewriting the book.

True, and I appreciate you providing a response without jumping down my throat. I've been getting that a lot from other RE fans lately lol. This may be the last forum where I give an opinion on this.

Honestly, this game is buy for me either way. I just hope Capcom does what's best for the game, not just bowing to pressure from fans.

True, and I appreciate you providing a response without jumping down my throat. I've been getting that a lot from other RE fans lately lol. This may be the last forum where I give an opinion on this.

Honestly, this game is buy for me either way. I just hope Capcom does what's best for the game, not just bowing to pressure from fans.

Good

Seriously, I've had 10 years now of Capcom shooting themselves in the dick and ruining what used to be my favorite franchise because of their attempts to "modernize" the series and appeal to broader audiences.

The actual reason that REmaster was as received as well as it was is because the game is excellent and the style works for these types of games. It still holds up almost two decades later because it works. I agree with tweaks like the 180 spin or the point and move analog change. I personally don't use the latter but I think it's a good option to have for people who suck at zombie juking.

There's something unique about the static camera. They can set up great, inventive shots with them. The tension of hearing something around the corner that you can't quite see yet is something I haven't experienced in another game. It lends itself to taking your time and being cautious which is what survival horror should be about. The jump scares are fine but the real atmosphere is created when all of these elements start coming together.

And in my opinion, that's why Resident Evil resonated with so many gamers. Are there scarier games? Absolutely, but there was a charm with this series that no one else could touch. Now it's mostly just generic nonsense that you could literally slap a new label on and pass it off for any number of games out there.

Do whatever ridiculous shit you want to do with the series going forward but if you're going to give us something called a Resident Evil 2 remake, then it better be just that.

Fuck you.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

SJ should show us on the doll where the evil tank controls touched him.

Sounds like you're the one scared of tank controls.

Sounds like you're the one scared of tank controls.

Yep, I'm scared of a control scheme that I've been using on off for the past 20 years, last used at about 9:00pm last night. You got me.

Am I scared of shit graphics and bad voice acting if I say I hope they update those too?

As if we're saying they shouldn't update the graphics...

Yeah, that'd be just downright silly. :rolleyes:

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back