Republicans unanimously pass Right-to-Work; Missouri voters demand referendum, defeat it 70% to 30%

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello all, this is our latest installment in a long-running series called Republican Voters Don't Actually Like Republican Policies.

This week, we look at tonight's defeat of Right-to-Work in Missouri.

Despite Republicans:
1. Forcing through a Right-to-Work law without holding any town halls or forums on the matter
2. Fighting to disallow Missouri unions from holding a referendum
3. At the last minute moving the vote up from the general election to the primary election in an effort to take advantage of lower voter turnout and weaker democratic voice

Missouri voters overwhelmingly struck down the Corruptlicans' cash grab for their corporate donors. Not only that, 88% of counties won by Republicans (Trump) in 2016 rejected the law. 97 of the 110 counties won by Trump in 2016 voted no.

tenor.gif

This just in Republican voters: the party with which you've aligned yourself doesn't give a shit about you, or anything other than lining their pockets.​

This just in Republican voters: the party with which you've aligned yourself doesn't give a shit about you, or anything other than lining their pockets.
Which party does?

Which party does?

Who cares more about their constituents, actual policies, and benefiting their city/state/country than Republicans? Every single party in existence, probably. Hell, even the super-racist white-nationalist parties do care about their white constituents, not just passing reckless, nonsensical policies that hurt those people to get some profit.

When it comes to economic policy, Republicans gave up pretending to give a shit about about the American people or maintaining a productive society long ago.

What's funniest to me is that Republican lawmakers purposefully moved up the vote date to August to avoid bigger general election turnout (when poor folks, predominately racial minorities, are more likely to vote) and effectively circumvent democracy to the best of their ability. And they still got fucked up 70-30.

republican policies are widely unpopular.

If voting was mandatory and everyone voted they would never win an election again. They also know this.

Which party does?

Your party does this. I love how you’re using the babe in the woods routine here.

Republican polices are not popular. Democratic policies are much more popular across the country.

Calling ripping off workers right to work. Republicans have some sense of humor

Calling ripping off workers right to work. Republicans have some sense of humor

How else can you sell poison to people unless you re-brand it?

Fuck right to work. I work in MO and haven't met a single person who supported it. And to those 30% of idiots who supported it:

<DisgustingHHH>

Yuge, BTFO, etc. I've been saying for a while that I had some hope for Missouri's history of conservative workers' rights advocates, and I'm very glad that's still a thing.

The majority of Republicans, especially the career politicians are complete scum...

What else is new?

Which party does?
Except in this case, there is a definitive, real difference in policy. It's not a magic myth that one party is passing anti-union laws and the other is not. Those are not the same thing. It's very, very strange that you have to be instructed in these matters.

Hello all, this is our latest installment in a long-running series called Republican Voters Don't Actually Like Republican Policies.

This week, we look at tonight's defeat of Right-to-Work in Missouri.

Despite Republicans:
1. Forcing through a Right-to-Work law without holding any town halls or forums on the matter
2. Fighting to disallow Missouri unions from holding a referendum
3. At the last minute moving the vote up from the general election to the primary election in an effort to take advantage of lower voter turnout and weaker democratic voice

Missouri voters overwhelmingly struck down the Corruptlicans' cash grab for their corporate donors. Not only that, 88% of counties won by Republicans (Trump) in 2016 rejected the law. 97 of the 110 counties won by Trump in 2016 voted no.

tenor.gif

This just in Republican voters: the party with which you've aligned yourself doesn't give a shit about you, or anything other than lining their pockets.​

You are doing good work on this forum Trotsky.

Edit- the most frustrating thing about politics is knowing that the people want more progressive policies but are not informed about them honestly by politicians. The republicans being by far the worst offenders.

I didn't know Republicans are bad and Democrats is the only way to go until now, thanks TS.

The majority of Republicans, especially the career politicians are complete scum...

What else is new?

Well, they weren't always as bad as they are now. In terms of principle, they made marked regression in 1970 and 1980, then completely went Bond villain-level dishonest/bad faith in 1994, 2009, and 2016.

Unless you're a single issue voter on the issue of abortion or a super rich guy who only cares about himself and not anyone else or the future of the country, there is no legitimate reason to vote for Republicans at the state or federal level. They still have some utility at the municipal level.

The Republican President and Congress turned their backs on some pro-gun issues that all ready to go upon election as well. Good for nothing party if they couldn't pass national reciprocity and the hearing protection act. :eek:

I didn't know Republicans are bad and Democrats is the only way to go until now, thanks TS.

Well, I sympathize with those that are slow on the uptake. You're welcome.

You think Trump voters were huge establishment Republican fans? Maybe some of you followers will REALLY see why the media has tried so hard to get everybody to hate him.

But really, a stringer middle class will even benefit the super rich.

But they had to spend money to win the election! Making the losers the victors! Ha-ha!

(That's literally the spin I heard this morning)

Back