Republicans unanimously pass Right-to-Work; Missouri voters demand referendum, defeat it 70% to 30%

According to math I just did on the toilet, about half the the state of Missouri's total population reside in the counties around Kansas City, St. Louis, and Columbia. In st louis I know this right to work was universally despised, and I'm assuming KC was similar. So that means only 20% of the rural population opposed this.

@Fawlty you're a missourian of I recall, right? Do you think my assessment is accurate?

Last edited:
Thats a shame, anything that kicks unions right in the nuts and forces them for fight for people to join them instead of just being lazy and getting it by default is a good thing.

right_to_work_1.jpg

This smells like freedom to me.

Calling ripping off workers right to work. Republicans have some sense of humor
Hopefully soon we can return time the pre union days when employers basically owned their employees.

Shitty wages and minimal benefits for all!

... workers.

So you're another one of those "Both parties are totally corrupt!!!! But I support Trump," guys. Nice.
Not at all. The democrats and the republicans are the greatest danger to our freedom and the world, through future historians will hold Trump responsible for WWIII.

Trump’s SCOTUS picks were on that list for the role they will play gutting labor unions.

I didn't know Republicans are bad and Democrats is the only way to go until now, thanks TS.

There are two realistic choices. No one is going to be totally happy with one of them, but given how different they are, no one who is well-informed can fail to see that one is better than the other.

Who cares more about their constituents, actual policies, and benefiting their city/state/country than Republicans? Every single party in existence, probably. Hell, even the super-racist white-nationalist parties do care about their white constituents, not just passing reckless, nonsensical policies that hurt those people to get some profit.

When it comes to economic policy, Republicans gave up pretending to give a shit about about the American people or maintaining a productive society long ago.
what's funny is that evangelicals actually aligned with Democrats and endorsed Carter and his humanitarian policies. Even going so far as criticizing him for his inadequate measures to assist the poor during the recession. Can you imagine today's Republican evangelicals doing that?
It wasn't until the Moral Majority took hold of the GOP and convinced evangelicals to vote against their interests through fear mongering and identity politics that the unholy marriage of the religious right and tax dodging financiers was forged.

And thus, today's conflicted Republican voter.

According to math I just did on the toilet, about half the the state of Missouri's total population reside in the counties around Kansas City, St. Louis, and Columbia. In st louis I know this right to work was universally despised, and I'm assuming KC was similar. So that means only 20% of the rural population opposed this.

@Fawlty you're a missourian of I recall, right? Do you think my assessment is accurate?
I don't know the demographics all that well, so I'd just be guessing. It's a trip that the rural segment seems to have voted it down along with city people. Good shit.

Hopefully soon we can return time the pre union days when employers basically owned their employees.

Shitty wages and minimal benefits for all!

... workers.

What we need is the right to have sweat shops man!!!! I want my freedom back!!!

Calling ripping off workers right to work. Republicans have some sense of humor

Forcing people to join an organization in order to work, and also force them to pay that organization even though the union may use their money to push politics people don't agree with. Cool!

Pay to work.

Forcing people to join an organization in order to work, and also force them to pay that organization even though the union may use their money to push politics people don't agree with. Cool!

Pay to work.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about.

Unions haven't been able to use money for political/non-CBA activity without permission for 50 years.

Not at all. The democrats and the republicans are the greatest danger to our freedom and the world, through future historians will hold Trump responsible for WWIII.

lol I'll be sure to call you out in the next thread where I see you dick riding Donny and/or one of his administration's policy initiatives.

You are doing good work on this forum Trotsky.

Edit- the most frustrating thing about politics is knowing that the people want more progressive policies but are not informed about them honestly by politicians. The republicans being by far the worst offenders.

Yes, they like to rebrand what is completely against the peoples best interest as what is best for them. And vice versa. Medicare for all is bad. For profit Health insurance is best. Trickle down economics. Etc etc. Its sad and ridiculous at the same time.

Pay to work.

That employee should feel free to find another place of employment where there is no Union there to fight for higher wages, and better benefits. Plenty of non union places someone can go work and make half as much money.

Back