• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Republicans block military aid for Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan

Alright, let's pick the year 1840.. Were the hordes of Irish and Germans immigrants coming into the US invaders?

And my general stance on immigration is, if you are willing to accept the American social contract, assimilate some, and work, you deserve the chance to become an American. Just like most of our ancestors who became US immigrants without dealing with quotas or arbitrary limits.

We do control who becomes American citizens, and trying to stop immigration is the equivalent of trying to stop gentrification. It's an economic force that can't be stopped, only put on guiderails so you can reap as many of the benefits as possible.
And if you mean I'm part of the problem, I assume you mean the problem of subsidizing American construction and food costs, paying into social security without gaining access to it, and otherwise supporting retiring Americans by paying into the social safety net since the US is under replacement rate. Because that's what immigration does, it subsidizes the lifestyles of American citizens in exchange for immigrants eventually gaining citizenship. That's how the US has always operated.

Are you willing to pay, let's say, 10% more on all food and construction costs if we could waive a magic wand and eliminate illegal migration overnight? Because broadly speaking, that kind of inflation would happen.

I don't accept the " American social contract". I accept legal immigration. Lots of it. Not coyotes, human trafficking, military aged men, cities budgets exploding to accommodate tens of thousands of broke illegal immigrants. This isn't the 1800s. We are not the manufacturing hub of the world. You can be for all those things. We're very different.

I don't accept the " American social contract". I accept legal immigration. Lots of it.
What do you want the legal immigration cap to be then?
Not coyotes, human trafficking, military aged men, cities budgets exploding to accommodate tens of thousands of broke illegal immigrants.
This is very simple. People are going to migrate no matter what. IT's up to a country like the US if it wants that migrationto be legal and somewhat controlled, or illegal and not controlled. Same as drug legalization. You're fighting a battle against supply and demand a country can't win.
This isn't the 1800s.
You're ducking the question. Were Irish and German immigrants during the 1830s invaders or not? I wonder why you refuse to answer...
We are not the manufacturing hub of the world. You can be for all those things. We're very different.
Yes, now we are a service economy with a shortage of skilled and unskilled labor that can only be filled with immigrants at this point. Or you can keep pretending that immigration, legal or not, doesn't subsidize the lifestyles of an American like you or I.

Except for when they elected him, right? Or was that all those NY republicans as well?

Most New Yorkers do not vote because they have lost total faith in the system. I would know - I'm a New Yorker.

Good in regards to Ukraine and Israel. Happy to support them strategically but fuck sending them money. Taiwan actually is very critical, I don't support withholding there.

Disagree that Ukraine is not critical. Appeasement has literally never worked in the face of tyranny. It didn't work with the Germans after WW1. It didn't work with Russia after they took Crimea in 2014.

Putin's actual strategy is to outlast the US and Western support. He's stated it. If we just let Ukraine lose, Putin will not just stop. He'll rebuild the military and start threatening the other Baltic states and other former Soviet Republics. We'll have to get involved eventually anyway.

Good. Focus on the USA. Other countries should manage themselves.

US CITIZENS FIRST!

THEN
you can send billion dollars of aid packages around the world.

Always focus on your own citizens and country first, accept there are problems, do what's needed. Then worry about others.

I don't accept the " American social contract". I accept legal immigration. Lots of it. Not coyotes, human trafficking, military aged men, cities budgets exploding to accommodate tens of thousands of broke illegal immigrants. This isn't the 1800s. We are not the manufacturing hub of the world. You can be for all those things. We're very different.
"Military aged men" Jesus Christ way to parrot fox news

Yeah, only people who hate their country would want to defend their own border, and stop sending their money to foreign countries. You're an idiot.
Dude we gotta have someone fight them over there so we don’t have to fight them over here in our own town square.

It's not in our self interest.

It's in the self interest of our politicians and the military industrial complex.

Instead of building homes, mental institutions, cleaning up the streets and protecting our borders, they're sending what, about 100billion to these countries to fight each other in wars that have nothing to do with us?

Our self interests are completely ignored by the people who we vote in to represent us. What a scam our government is.

THIS!

America First!

Back