• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Republicans block military aid for Israel, Ukraine and Taiwan

why didnt the last guy secure the border?
there's literally a video of the last guy's wall that got cut right above your post, Trump and Bill clinton did do wall building, it simply wasnt finished

Public support for funding ukraine is less than half, so democracy at work

Watching the Left Cult become Hawks because the MSM told them so is hilarious. The lack of critical thinking skills by Democrat supporters is astounding.

Why can't we have single item bills? Why are they bundling all this bullshit? Fuck that.

Use all that money to (a) secure our borders, (b) drill baby drill and crush the Russian, Venezuelan, Iranian, and Saudi economies, (c) relocate manufacturing to the U.S. and friendly nations like Mexico and Canada. I know it will piss off Lockheed and Raytheon, but Americans will be far far better off and our foes in the world will go broke. We can win in Ukraine just by drilling in the U.S.A. and creating more refineries and LING ships to share it over to Europe.

I don't know what you mean by open border policy. Our legal immigration system that's allowed tens of millions in? No that's not an invasion.
That's a recent invention, most of America's history is defined by uncapped and unrestricted immigration (barring health, etc.). Were the Irish and Germans invading the US during the 19th century?
The tens of millions that have snuck through our border illegally? Yes that's always been an invasion.
Tens of millions of immigrants do not illegally come in and stay every year. That's demographically impossible, and to pretend that crossing/immigration stats are the same is incredibly disingenuous.
It's just exacerbated by the latest liberal virtue signaling of providing room and board for tens if not hundreds of thousands of migrants.
Do you not want the US to comply with internal law on asylum?

That's a recent invention, most of America's history is defined by uncapped and unrestricted immigration (barring health, etc.). Were the Irish and Germans invading the US during the 19th century?

Tens of millions of immigrants do not illegally come in and stay every year. That's demographically impossible, and to pretend that crossing/immigration stats are the same is incredibly disingenuous.

Do you not want the US to comply with internal law on asylum?

I didn't say every year.

I assume you meant international law?

First off I want the US to follow laws that make sense for this country. If millions are using asylum as cover for a mass migration then yes we have to change laws to adapt to the current crisis. Trumps mandate that asylum seekers must not cross other countries en route to our border was a good start. A law that biden allowed to lapse.

You can be ok with the current system. Its fine...If you're not convinced by now we have a major problem than I'm certainly not going to change your mind.

Good in regards to Ukraine and Israel. Happy to support them strategically but fuck sending them money. Taiwan actually is very critical, I don't support withholding there. Republicans give the border a lot of lip service but haven't done anything about it, but Democrats have completely disregarded their duty to maintain the border, it's borderline treasonous. This is all just postering, a deal will get done, nothing significant to help Americans will come out of it, and everyone in here will go on to fighting about some other bullshit instead of holding Congress as a whole accountable.

I didn't say every year.

First off I want the US to follow laws that make sense for this country. If millions are using asylum as cover for a mass migration then yes we have to change laws to adapt to the current crisis. Trumps mandate that asylum seekers must not cross other countries en route to our border was a good start. A law that biden allowed to lapse.

You can be ok with the current system. Its fine...If you're not convinced by now we have a major problem than I'm certainly not going to change your mind.
So were the Irish and Germans invaders too?
That's not how international law works lol.
I am not fine with it, but the problem is that people are under the impression that immigration can be stopped or that it's a net negative. Both are clearly not true.

I didn't say every year.

I liked the policy of having asylum seekers wait in Mexico until they're processed but if they can't cross any other countries to get to our border then wouldn't only Mexicans and Canadians be able to seek asylum?

NYC mayor.

Terrible choice, liberals have been denouncing him since long before he was elected.

Care to try again? I know you really want to say Martha's Vineyard but by now you probably know better. You're probably old enough to have been at the original reverse freedom rides.

Terrible choice, liberals have been denouncing him since long before he was elected.
Except for when they elected him, right? Or was that all those NY republicans as well?

Except for when they elected him, right? Or was that all those NY republicans as well?
Considering he received almost 70% of the vote I'm sure a lot of Republicans voted for him over Curtis Sliwa.

I liked the policy of having asylum seekers wait in Mexico until they're processed but if they can't cross any other countries to get to our border then wouldn't only Mexicans and Canadians be able to seek asylum?
People from the Caribbeans I suppose would too. Bahamas and Cuba are pretty close to Florida. But yeah outside of that it's a long boat ride.

So were the Irish and Germans invaders too?

That's not how international law works lol.

I am not fine with it, but the problem is that people are under the impression that immigration can be stopped or that it's a net negative. Both are clearly not true.

Depends on what year you're talking as immigration laws have evolved through the centuries. Are you arguing for open borders? Because you say you aren't.

I already stated the regulations regarding asylum seekers passing through multiple other counties. International law doesn't prevent us from enforcing our borders.

You're not for the current system but you're in a thread arguing with people that want our border secured? You're part of the problem. Countries all over the world can control who enters their country but we cannot?

Obviously it's not an easy fix and nobody expects it solved within 100% accuracy overnight. It's the fact that we don't even try. And even beyond that we incentivize the behavior. Biden could have kept the trump regulations. We could build walls where it makes sense. We could go after employers. We could do a million things but instead we close down homeless shelters, schools, and hotels so we can provide room and board for illegals purposefully coming to exploit our idiocy.

You argue for the status quo.

You say " yeh but whatabout...?"

You are the problem

Care to try again? I know you really want to say Martha's Vineyard but by now you probably know better. You're probably old enough to have been at the original reverse freedom rides.

Any democrat run city that is getting illegals now.

But you are going with the "no true Scotsman " defense.

Any democrat run city that is getting illegals now.

But you are going with the "no true Scotsman " defense.

That's not very specific, care to point out the complainers?

And look at both Adams' record over the years and how much Democrats have always hated him. He was a really bad choice on your part but if I'm being generous, you don't have many options.

And you know it.

Depends on what year you're talking as immigration laws have evolved through the centuries. Are you arguing for open borders? Because you say you aren't.
Alright, let's pick the year 1840.. Were the hordes of Irish and Germans immigrants coming into the US invaders?

And my general stance on immigration is, if you are willing to accept the American social contract, assimilate some, and work, you deserve the chance to become an American. Just like most of our ancestors who became US immigrants without dealing with quotas or arbitrary limits.
You're not for the current system but you're in a thread arguing with people that want our border secured? You're part of the problem. Countries all over the world can control who enters their country but we cannot?
We do control who becomes American citizens, and trying to stop immigration is the equivalent of trying to stop gentrification. It's an economic force that can't be stopped, only put on guiderails so you can reap as many of the benefits as possible.
And if you mean I'm part of the problem, I assume you mean the problem of subsidizing American construction and food costs, paying into social security without gaining access to it, and otherwise supporting retiring Americans by paying into the social safety net since the US is under replacement rate. Because that's what immigration does, it subsidizes the lifestyles of American citizens in exchange for immigrants eventually gaining citizenship. That's how the US has always operated.
And even beyond that we incentivize the behavior.
Are you willing to pay, let's say, 10% more on all food and construction costs if we could waive a magic wand and eliminate illegal migration overnight? Because broadly speaking, that kind of inflation would happen.

That's not very specific, care to point out the complainers?

And look at both Adams' record over the years and how much Democrats have always hated him. He was a really bad choice on your part but if I'm being generous, you don't have many options.

And you know it.

Add DC to it. But you are still going to make excuses.

I can link to various mayors in by Google articles, but you know that and will make excuses.

Last edited:
Back