News Report: UFC 263 SELLS close to 500K PPVs

UFC has a real lack of stars currently.

Idk how much they can squeeze out of remaining Conor stardom as well.

Those are solid numbers in general, but given that Nate was in the card I honestly expected more

Holy crap thats terrible, in these covid times people even pay to watch a hamster sneeze. UFC is dying.

Dumb match making by the UFC. Adesanya should never have fought at LHW, and Vettori really is a “who tha fook is that guy?” for most people. I can’t even remember what the second title fight was - was it FlW? Great fight but no one buys a PPV because of FlW so the card having a second title fight is not a selling point. Finally, why on earth did they match up Nate with an incredibly boring point fighter with no charisma? Nate fighting again could have been a lot bigger if he was facing someone who people know and who is exciting. Even with Edwards winning a clear decision, it’s not like he won over any fans - people who like “technical striking” are already on his bandwagon.

Overall the card sold well under this new PPV model, likely 50% contribution by Nate and 50% by Adesanya.

Guy is a sicko, does he honestly think doing such will get him fans?
View attachment 861820

Are you new to combat sports? Getting humped or kissed by your opponent is very normal.

1buM.gif

309r.gif

Vettori wasn't an interesting opponent. Even Mayweather had only 500k buys when he fought Berto.

Vettori wasn't really an interesting contender. 500k is still very good. I think some of GSP's PPVs were only like 600k.

Those lower end GSP PPVs didnt have a superstar like Nate (whos a bigger draw than Izzy) on them

I think that's a great number in this current environment. Outside of McGregor I doubt we see a million plus again for quite a while.

Vettori wasn't really an interesting contender. 500k is still very good. I think some of GSP's PPVs were only like 600k.
Factor in now the ppv cost more on top of the fact you have to pay for espn +

Then people who don’t have a roku or know how to stream something can’t order it

Diaz is old news now and guess Adesyana isn't much of a star.

Vettori isnt a big name fight.

Costa and Jan fights were much bigger deals. Having Nate helped, overall thats a decent number.

By international they mean Canada... Which other countries use ppv model for ufc?

Either way, bit of a loss for the UFC as the Espn deal sets up the ufc with the equivalent of 500k buyrate regardless of how many ppvs are bought.
Australia. Don't most western countries have PPVs? I can't see them streaming for free on TV anywhere.

You guys thinking 500K is bad when there's a PPV each month, everyone streams and this shit is behind the ESPN+ pay wall in the US is mind boggling shit. Most of you guys don't live in reality.

What's next, you're all going to bitch about fighter pay but stream PPVs and complain about $5.99 a month for a few ESPN+ cards? Lol.

Back