News Report: UFC 263 SELLS close to 500K PPVs

Impressive knowing Izzy was coming off a boring decision loss and fighting a boring lay and prayer who he already beat. He is know regained momentum.

Fig and Moreno aren't big stars and Nate was 3rd fight from the top against a boring no name as well.

Guy is a sicko, does he honestly think doing such will get him fans?
israelcostr.gif

Not that bad considering no one was interested in that rematch.

A lot of people I know watched it for Nate and didn’t care much for co and main event fights.

vettori might be the lowest iq fighter on roster the fact he shot in and stood there still baffle me fucking take him down or at least try shit

Impressive knowing Izzy was coming off a boring decision loss and fighting a boring lay and prayer who he already beat. He is know regained momentum.

Fig and Moreno aren't big stars and Nate was 3rd fight from the top against a boring no name as well.
His ig also blew up before the fight. I don't think ppv numbers are that indicative of star power. People aren't paying for that shit when the free streams are endless.

Disgustingly shameful numbers omg wtf

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com:443/Daily/Issues/2021/06/18/Media/UFC-PPV.aspx

Thoughts on these numbers bois?

With people often talking about Izzy as the new face of UFC I gotta say this is really underwhelming especially with another title fight and star Nate Diaz on the card. Also should we question Nate Diaz's star power?

Wow, with Izzy, Nate and the two title fights I legit was expecting this to be 800-950k. Izzy's last couple were 700k range, no? And Nate is just a draw, period. Pretty surprised at these numbers, the card was stacked too. Wonder what didn't appeal to the people (maybe that the Izzy & Nate fights seemed pretty predictable and Moreno/Figgy wasn't enough to get them to tune in on top of that? or Izzy coming off a loss and Nate being third from the Main Event could have played a roll).

Whatever the reason, pretty surprising numbers for me.

Sadly Leon being Nates opponent probably dragged it down. He’s not a drawing star
Which is a bummer but combine that with "who the fuck is Marvin Vettori?" and "fucking manlets" it's pretty clear why it wasn't a bigger card. Almost like it was stacked for more hardcore type fans with Nate Diaz as a super bonus.

I actually paid for this sumbitch and was happy with the product.

500,000x70=35,000,000

35 million from PPV just from US, plus international numbers plus subscribers from Fight Pass where its included there plus ESPN money for prelims plus sponsors.

The UFC is dying crowd is fucking retarded. They're making big money.

His ig also blew up before the fight. I don't think ppv numbers are that indicative of star power. People aren't paying for that shit when the free streams are endless.
Izzy is now what GSP was after Serra I would say. He will vary between 500k and 1M for the rest of his career unless it's something huge like Jon Jones fight.

500,000x70=35,000,000

35 million from PPV just from US, plus international numbers plus subscribers from Fight Pass where its included there plus ESPN money for prelims plus sponsors.

The UFC is dying crowd is fucking retarded. They're making big money.
50% of PPVs goes to provider though.

Back