Social 'Report' : more than half the world's pop. to be obese or overweight by 2035

The obvious causes are people eating more junk and being more sedentary.

But there are other causes too that are not so obvious. I read that even our vegetables today aren't as healthy as they were 70 years ago, due to the way they farm now or something. They have more carbs and less nutrients.

Also, as Andrew Huberman always says, the glowing light in our eyes at night is fucking with our metabolisms, but almost everyone is glued to a screen until they fall asleep.

It's like in the past, the default was to be thin. It was easy to achieve and maintain. Only the laziest pigs were fat.

Now it's the opposite. The default is fat and only the really dedicated people can stay thin.

Doesn't surprise me at all. We are oversaturated with food and sugar and all that jazz. It will take a toll on humanity eventually, if not already.

The default is fat and only the really dedicated people can stay thin.
interesting. didnt think about it like that. but it does seem the societal forces are not pushing for fitness but fatness these days, if not directly, then certainly indirectly.

I love it. My girlfriend is skinny because I'm not THAT fat. I love it. Keep getting fatter, boys.

If you're in a calorie balance, and start eating like one candy bar or an extra beer every day, you'll gain 10 pounds a year. Five years of that and your fat. It doesn't take much to get fat. The culprit is all the junk food that rather than being satiating, just makes you more hungry.

Start teaching kids about fitness/lifting/nutrition at a young age. Make it a mandatory part of the curriculum.

At least that'll make adults who have the knowledge to get their weight under control.

sounds like fat shaming. no good dude.

But there are other causes too that are not so obvious. I read that even our vegetables today aren't as healthy as they were 70 years ago, due to the way they farm now or something. They have more carbs and less nutrients.

This is true, I have read studies about fruits and vegetables nowadays are less nutritious compared to many years ago. Because everything have to be grown quick now, not just the greens, the meat we eat have to be at "sellable" size as soon as possible. While they grow in size quickly due to technology and knowledge, they don't have the time to absorb the minerals that made them nutritious years ago.

Just eat a regular vegetable grown in soil and a water grown vegetable. You can definitely taste the difference and the nutrient level is probably off despite what company that sells them tells us.

Do you really think people are walking around fat as hell because the vegetables they are eating are slightly less nutritious? They probably aren't eating vegetables at all.

Start teaching kids about fitness/lifting/nutrition at a young age. Make it a mandatory part of the curriculum.

At least that'll make adults who have the knowledge to get their weight under control.

Singapore used to have a system during primary school, middle school for you guys? Age 7 to 12 basically. Kids that are deemed overweight by BMI are mandatory enrolled in a "TAF club", spelt opposite as FAT, it stands for Trim and Fit. They will reach school around 30mins earlier than regular students for a morning exercise, be it running or some random workout.

imo, it definitely helps with making overweight kids become slimmer, not sure about healthier, but the system lasted only through the 90s to mid 2000s. The system was put to a halt because some claim it caused negative psychological effects on kids in TAF club. Because as like kids all over the world, once you are singled out for whatever reason, you will be teased at in school. And because they have to exercise before lessons even started, they will probably be sweating and some probably doesn't smell pleasant further making them get targeted.

It's a good system imo, but could be implemented better I guess. With how sensitive how people are now, I doubt a system like this can be implemented again.

Once again, the kids a trend setter

ketchup-pulp-fiction.gif

Uma ain't no fattie.

Do you really think people are walking around fat as hell because the vegetables they are eating are slightly less nutritious? They probably aren't eating vegetables at all.
I'm saying that someone who ate a reasonably healthy diet a long time ago might be slimmer than someone who eats that same exact diet today.

But yes if you quoted my entire post it says I recognize the obvious causes are eating junk and being sedentary.

The veggie thing is just one more card in the deck that's stacked against modern humans

People are also spending more time sitting in front of the computer and video games, than they used to in the 90s and earlier.

Kids are less likely to get out and do things than play computer and video games, or be glued to their smartphones.

Back