• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: If not for Republican Policies, Federal Govt. Would Run a Surplus

But when the time comes there'll be some compelling reason not to. :(

Here's to Democrats, when they get the chance, going after income inequality as vigorously as they do our 2nd Amendment rights.

Obama did a lot to reduce income inequality and nothing to reduce 2nd Amendment rights. Also, not true that he didn't address the long-term debt problem. The ACA is the biggest debt-reducing legislation ever passed, probably.

Aye. Obama reined in on some things, but pushed hard on others. He was not a "fix the debt" president.

He actually did pretty much fix the debt. It just got broken again after he left office.

If you tax 99% of everyone's income, like Democrats want, there will never be another budget deficit.

It did the last time a Democrat was in power during an economic boom.

You base your expectations on that and I'll base mine on this.

SR-fed-spending-numbers-2012-p4-chart-4_HIGHRES.jpg

In before he cries about FY09 even though Senator Obama voted for the budget and the wars and TARP. :D

What part of "Economic boom" is hard to understand?

And good thing you posted that Obama reduced the deficit from 1.4 trillions to 660 billions.

Obama would had balanced the deficit if Republicans hadnt forced the extension of Bush's tax cuts.

What part of "Economic boom" is hard to understand?

And good thing you posted that Obama reduced the deficit from 1.4 trillions to 660 billions.

Obama would had balanced the deficit if Republicans hadnt forced the extension of Bush's tax cuts.
But I thought raising the debt ceiling was the wrong thing to do?

So does a lot of things. Including high taxation.

Not really. Developed countries have very different levels of taxation (the U.S. is quite low) and tend to grow at the roughly the same long-term rates.

Obama did a lot to reduce income inequality and nothing to reduce 2nd Amendment rights. Also, not true that he didn't address the long-term debt problem. The ACA is the biggest debt-reducing legislation ever passed, probably.

My comment was looking to the future and about the party as a whole. Looks like there's more work to do.

161221173430-inequality-piketty-1-780x439.png

After 40 years we all know the GOP cant manage an economy. They never have and never will.

Back