Replacing cable TV with Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV and Kodi?

Had Kodi for a few months. The remote and the software itself is unreliable as hell. Movies don't load properly, freeze, remote is does weird shit, and sometimes the movie/tv show boots you off and you can never find a stream that actually works without issues. Anyone have an opposite experience with Kodi?

Did you buy it with Kodi already installed on the stick?

If so... where did you buy it from and for how much?
Yes gf got it for me as a gift. Seems to me that they sell for around $80 with kodi loaded on it around here on offerup and Craigslist

I tried using kodi on an ouya and it didn't work that great. I installed the channels and tried to watch stuff but nothing ever loaded no matter what I did. I gave up soon after.

My sis has Apple tv and though it's fine for netflix, hbo go and showtime, though you really can't watch much else without a cable tv login. your options are limited with the Apple tv unless you borrow a friend's cable login

Had Kodi for a few months. The remote and the software itself is unreliable as hell. Movies don't load properly, freeze, remote is does weird shit, and sometimes the movie/tv show boots you off and you can never find a stream that actually works without issues. Anyone have an opposite experience with Kodi?

I use kodi on a bunch of different devices and don't have any problems. I use a flirc and logitech 650 for the remote on windows, I even have a button set up on my remote to start the kodi program. The Rasberry Pi has CEC so I just use the remote from the tv.
I have mine set up to automatically stream sources so if I wanted to watch Fletch, I just click on Fletch and it automatically picks a stream. I rarely run into a video that stops midway through or fails to find a source. Remember, this is free, you're going to have to put up with a few hiccups.
I have it on a Fire Stick but haven't really used it. It works ok on that $50 Amazon tablet, I haven't had any issues there either.

I got rid of cable about 16 months ago after i moved into my current home and do not regret it at all. I'm constantly being sent brochures from local cable companies attempting to lure me back with their shitty 3 month promotions and all i can do is feel pity for anyone that isn't aware of the internet based alternatives like Netflix and Kodi.

One alternative that makes cutting the cord easier that i don't think people take advantage of is the use of HD antennas. I get 48 channels for free having an antenna in my attic, combine this with Netflix and Kodi and you'll never look at cable again.

I know not every single person will get as many channels but for the price of an antenna even if you only get half of those it's still worth it and would cost less than a single month worth of cable.

You can check which channels you'll receive with this website here

http://tvfool.com/

I got rid of cable AGES ago and just have Netflix!

Plus Unblock us to get us Netflix with every country.

A fraction of the price of shitty cable with a million channels and nothing on lol

I decide when I watch my shit.

How do you watch espn on fire stick? Every time I try to use the app it ask for my cable provider info.

I love Fire TV. We have a few of them in the house.

Which of the devices can one watch CNN, CNBC, Fox News, HLN, MSNBC for free?

I use rabbit ears for the networks (they're still broadcast in HD) and netflix for movies. Haven't paid for cable in years and don't miss it at all.

if it wasn't for the wife, I'd cancel cable. I do use Chromecast wtih Plex for movies

I use rabbit ears for the networks (they're still broadcast in HD) and netflix for movies. Haven't paid for cable in years and don't miss it at all.

Over the past 7 years OTA digital/HD programming has become really good.

Been cable free for about a year. Seems like the main reason people are sticking with Cable is for sports, but the only sport I watch is MMA and the majority of it is available online.

I have

Netflix
Amazon Prime
Hulu

Don't really miss cable at all tbh.

I got rid of cable about 16 months ago after i moved into my current home and do not regret it at all. I'm constantly being sent brochures from local cable companies attempting to lure me back with their shitty 3 month promotions and all i can do is feel pity for anyone that isn't aware of the internet based alternatives like Netflix and Kodi.

One alternative that makes cutting the cord easier that i don't think people take advantage of is the use of HD antennas. I get 48 channels for free having an antenna in my attic, combine this with Netflix and Kodi and you'll never look at cable again.

I know not every single person will get as many channels but for the price of an antenna even if you only get half of those it's still worth it and would cost less than a single month worth of cable.

You can check which channels you'll receive with this website here

http://tvfool.com/

Yeah... I was just looking at antennas to pick up ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, local stations ect for free.

Standard - $39.99 and Amplified - $59.99
mZtkUqf.jpg

NRX3IVs.jpg

https://www.antennasdirect.com/clearstream-eclipse-tv-antenna.html

What type of antenna do you have Negan?

Back