replace adesanyas twin tower comment with the hiroshima bomb...

I was surprised when I found out what Izzie was apologizing for. Are people offended because he was non-American?

It was 20 years ago, pretty sure it's been socially acceptable to crack jokes about it for years.

In case you haven't heard, there are many American service men who have died fighting the terrorists. To date, the US has lost over 7,000 soldiers in Middle east wars. Died to protect their beliefs and our country. Go fight for ISIS if you have so much respect. And before you insult the US/me further, I served in Vietnam and fought for my beliefs. You are the clueless one my friend. Probably some 18 year old still living with mom and dad.

I'm on your side. I'm referring to the fools who don't realize the Japanese killed millions of Chinese during wwii. Would have done the same had they ever made it to the west coast, claiming that the US was the bad guy for dropping the bomb.

I can't believe there were people upset by his nothing comment, he actually had to apologize wow oversensitive people.

I agree that the bomb drop was self defense and needed.

God bless our military and our country for saving the world!

Could you imagine if we were all speaking German and Japanese right now? Disgusting.

All of you anti-American Americans really need to rethink your lives. I'll pray for you.

If it is true that the USA (and many other countries) agreed to "stop" because of the effect on the earth, why was above ground testing of nukes continued into the 1960s by the USA (heck, China did one as late as 1980)? The USA tested over 200 nukes in the atmosphere from 1945-1962. Get out of here, in 1945, the USA wasn't worried about effects on the earth!

Were do you come up with this stuff?

They didn't know the effects of nuclear power and waste back then . Are you kidding? They have to do proper steps to keep radiation at safe levels at plants or test sites for obvious reasons .

Where did I ever say it was a good thing to use nuclear weapons? You just keep making stuff up/changing the narrative to distract from the fact you were wrong in your original post where you said:

your post was in response to:

I personally think the immense pressure of the Russians attacking through Manchuria at the end of World War II in combination with Japan already getting beaten badly was probably enough to end the war. Many, especially outside of the US, believe that the Russian front had as much of an effect ending the war then the two nukes dropped on Japan. And the USA didn't want to lose a ton of their soldiers invading Japan.... it would have been a bloodbath as the Japanese almost never surrendered. They would do anything to protect their county and Hirohito. Look what happened in Okinawa! Many thousands of USA troops would have died and possibly millions of Japanese civilians may have been killed on top of the Japanese soldier body count had mainland Japan been taken by invasion!

The bottom line is your original post that I responded to indicated that more people were killed from radiation/many generations were killed off than from the effects of the atomic bombs themselves (and those that died in the weeks after). You got all over Cobra03's case for saying that more way more lives were saved by using the atomic bombs and ending the war than not (which is a fair argument - especially without the benefit of hindsight and knowing for sure how things would turn out)

As I said before, the death toll from radiation in the years later was not nearly as bad as you made it sound! The immediate and short term death toll from the 2 atomic bombs FAR exceeded the death toll in later years from radiation on future generations. You are the one that needs to educate yourself. Also, something that many people don't realize is that the fire bombing of Japanese city's killed way more people than the 2 atomic bombs. It was a terrible war. The Japanese killed an estimated 7-8 million Chinese civilians! That is in the ballpark of the number of people killed by Germany's "final solution" across Europe! The USA wasn't too worried about killing Japanese civilians if it meant ending the war and saving American lives! Japan was out of control and needed to be crushed. Thanks to the USA/allies, Japan rebuilt, their people were brought back into touch with reality, and look at them now!

I think Japan would know more about the effects of radiation then you and of course America that dropped the bomb .

USA would of course down play the aftermath of nuclear radiation effects.

You sound like you believe everything your own government says. You're pretty naive or just dumb lol .

Well, yes, they do. The survivors of the atomic bombs were studied extensively for over 60 years to determine the long-term effects. The research revealed that the initial (still lingering) thought that genetic mutations would be rampant proved to be false.

Thanks for posting. I work in Health Physics (basically the affects of radiation exposure) and was looking for a non-restricted source for these results.

From the article @BrianC18t linked "Although no differences in health or mutations rates have yet been detected among children of survivors, Jordan suggests that subtle effects might one day become evident, perhaps through more detailed sequencing analysis of their genomes. But it is now clear that even if the children of survivors do in fact face additional health risks, those risks must be very small."
The part about future generations is not true. So, not owned...

Who did those studies? I hope not Americans lol.

It was an asswipe thing to say, but he apologized like a man and it's over now.

and eveything should be ok... nobody should complain.. there are enough people in usa that praises the hiroshima bomb as a needed tool to end the war.
It's not funny to those who lived through the event. There are less of those now for Hiroshima.

Back