Law Rep. Ilhan Omar asks judge for compassion in ISIS recruit sentencing

Let me quote myself
What thread is that quote from? I wanna play too! Lots of good stuff in there to comment on, but this thread is not the place for it.

i see her point a little, it's the martyr effect. If they get a massive sentence then others on the fence could be like fuck it, they threw the book at them, fuck those guys. But i think her point should be ignored.
Yeah we shouldn’t make them angry because they’re peaceful and punishing them for being evil just makes being evil more appealing to them because they’re peaceful

Meanwhile Steve King is the bad guy because he is proud to be white.

I was in a rush

Y'all fucking invented modern music festivals and LGB rights.

Let me quote myself

Disgusting display of supremacy.
@JDragon is basically a war criminal.

"The nation might be broken and humbled by the war, but there is one thing which no foreign or domestic entity has taken from us: that is the position which German science occupies the world." -- Max Planck, Prussian Academy of Sciences, 1918

Those sentiments were shared by a great many number of colleagues and a certain pacifist known as Albert Einstein actually caught a fair bit of criticism for his international stance, not the least of whom from the founder of Quantum Theory himself Max Planck, who you could objectively call one of the decent guys during the NSDAP rule. There's a good reason Einstein had praise for damn few in the aftermath of World War II, probably most notably for Otto Hahn when he wrote of him, "one of the very few who stood upright and did the best he could in these years of evil".

Otto is on my personal 'Big Four' of 20th Century (non-Joo) Deutschland Science with Planck, Heisenberg and Butenandt. Pure Patriarchs. Wernher von Braun is excluded only on the basis that he was technically an aerospace engineer, which isn't science to be precise. There is no such thing as a "rocket scientist", it's an extremely loose and convenient term.

Butenandt actually was a Nazi who could've emigrated in the mid-1930s with an offer from Harvard University, and although he didn't officially join the NSDAP until 1936 he'd previously been a member of the Jungdeutscher Orden which was one of the right-wing nationalist groups to emerge post-Versailles. He was also kinda hot in his younger years. He was the first to work out the molecular structure of Testosterone (among numerous other hormones) and synthesize it in a lab.

The discovery for the radiochemical proof of nuclear fission in 1938 altered the course of human history and was Otto Hahn's biggest single achievement but he'd arguably been the world's foremost radio-chemist throughout the first few decades of the 20th century having notably also discovered radioactive recoil in 1909 and nuclear isomerism in 1921. He was nominated 22 times for the Nobel Chemistry award between 1914-45.

With Max Planck's death in 1947, he inherited the informal chair as the custodian of German science and was responsible for overseeing the post-war rebuilding effort as the first President of the renamed (after Planck) Kaiser Wilhelm Society, which has arguably been the world's top fundamental research institution since its inception in 1911.

Send them to Canada. They will receive cash settlements and receive free housing. They may even get to bring family over too, as permanent residents.

i seriously doubt she will have any influence on the judge.

so the only people that need be aware of this are the voters in her district.

What thread is that quote from? I wanna play too! Lots of good stuff in there to comment on, but this thread is not the place for it.

Mutti, what is the greatest aspect of German culture?

Merkel: Federalism.

See, this is bothsideism.

1. Omar has made some dumb comments, but she hasn't openly promoted black (or white) supremacy, lol. Arguing for compassion for these guys may be naive, but it's not quite the same.

2. Steve King has been spewing his white supremacist nonsense as an Iowa Representative for 16 years. 16 years. And he became a very high ranking and powerful member of the GOP while doing it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/15/us/politics/steve-king-offensive-quotes.html

You need to research what she has said. She's 100% a homophobe.

It is both sides and I say fuck them both.

It's on you if you choose to defend either one of them. That would just show your character and that you are a hyoocrite

Things like this show her true colors. Any liberals, feminists and LGBTQ folks who think she is on their side are totally deluded.

Luckyshot would be one of the deluded.

But it's more just defending his side like a good soldier

With that said, ISIS is known to be a hyper-conservative and illiberal group of murderous bandits. You choose to join them and I'm not so sure how possible rehabilitation is.
"Those fuck only understand one language and it's blood in the sand"-dude I work with

Fuck ISIS, fuck the people that want to join them. And fuck compassion for them.

at least some of these would-be recruits really don't understand the reality of ISIS.
Yeah but, we still throw the book at teenagers and such that kill people. I know these kids didn't actually kill people but ignorance isn't a defense.

I mean, there's fucking videos of the scum buckets dumping people in vats of acid and burning people alive in cages....

It's hard for me to feel compassion for anyone WILLINGLY joining them. Forced to join or die? I can kind of sympathize then. But CHOOSING to fly over there and join?

Steve King isn't in trouble for being proud to be white, he's in trouble for being an ignorant jackass.
Who the fuck is Steve King? Is he the white uncle of Shaun King?

Good Lord, this woman has no self awareness

You need to research what she has said. She's 100% a homophobe.

underthebus.png

Back