Rener Gracie = 5th degree black belt

1) I was unaware that Rener was a 5th degree black belt. I know that RYRON is a 5th degree black belt. Ryron is the oldest son and is 28 years old.

2) That branch of the family does not follow IBJJF guidelines for black belt stripe promotions. Ryron received his black in 2003 and is already a 5th degree.

3) IBJJF guidelines states you need to be minimum of 19 to reach black belt. You are eligible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd degrees at 3 year intervals. 4th and 5th degrees are eligible at 5 year intervals thereafter.

4) If he were following IBJJF guidelines, the MOST he could be at his age is a 3rd degree black which is indeed still impressive.

For reference: International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation

It would be more impressive if there were guidelines that his father was following for those degrees.

those ranks are bullshit. at best hes a 3rd degree bb. Next year or two he will be a 6th? along with legends like Renzo and Jean Jacques? Jean Jacques is around 40, got his BB at age 18/19, was Gracie Barra instructor and has about 16 years teaching in the US alone and he is still a 6th degree BB.

To customers, if they see the Gracie Jiu Jitsu + 5th degree BB they will never question it... to customers. Marcelo Garcia needs to learn from these fast promoting black belts because hes obviously been doing something wrong.

Yeah, it is pretty to imagine any of those young guys passing up legends like JJM. Really insane...makes me shake my head just to type it. They passed up Draculino a while ago and he was a black belt when they were green belts. Go figure.

Rorion and his kids don't care about IBJJF guidelines

They are only endangering their own credibility by not following an existing recognized guideline that others use.

I think I'm going to change my BA to MBA. I feel like I deserve it. :icon_chee

yeah def not the same standards.

But i honestly think these kids are incredible instructors, and teach better than most people out there.

I don't care about IBJJF standard either...therefore, I am now also a 5th degree black belt.

But i honestly think these kids are incredible instructors, and teach better than most people out there.

Yeah, but that's got nothing to do with being a 5th degree black belt.

Well that's all Rener does. Eat, sleep, shit jiu jitsu.. if all of us had that luxury we would be pretty much up there...

Rener Gracie = GJJ.

IBJJF = Carlos Gracie Jnr = GB

They do not follow or care about each others.

if i recall correctly, didn't helio say that either ryron or rener (i don't remember which) was already at a 5th degree level?

Back