Renan Barao: T.J. Dillashaw Thinks He's a Striker and He Isn't

Heh, I finds it hilarious when fighters try to egg their opponents on.

Remember when Dream had a press conference for their heavyweight tournament and only Minowa showed up and there was a cardboard cutout of everyone else? I think that was worse lol.

that seems like a great analysis by barao.

that staredown though... oh man

Dillashaw has never abandoned his wrestling.

He also doesn't have to be the superior striker to outstrike Renan is this fight. He'll be looking to use his striking to open opportunities for his wrestling and vice versa.

I think this will be a better fight than people are expecting.

I think TJ will look surprisingly good for a while, but he will make a mistake at some point and be finished shortly thereafter.

I see the fight going like that as well with renan forcing TJ to stand and that capitalizing of his mistake

I think he tries to take Barao down as soon as possible but fails and gets finished.

Remember when Dream had a press conference for their heavyweight tournament and only Minowa showed up and there was a cardboard cutout of everyone else? I think that was worse lol.

3176ys1.jpg

I think TJ will look surprisingly good for a while, but he will make a mistake at some point and be finished shortly thereafter.

That's certainly possible. Renan is good at making adjustments during fights.

I will say that the few times he's been hurt he's recovered quickly. His instinct to immediately try to secure a single or double leg could be the worst move when fighting a team alpha male fighter.

That's if TJ manages to put him into such a situation in the first place ofc. That's not an easy task.

You better watch out if he finds a way to win he will be called TJ "Chainsaw" Dillashaw. :icon_chee

How I'd like to bump this thread if Dillashaw wins by TKO/KO.

No chance though.

If that is the case, and it most likely is, then TJ has barely any chance of winning. He won't be able to take Barao to the ground in the first place. He will be picked apart standing like McDonald was.

these fights happen when there's no legit threat as a contender. the other choice would've been Assuncao. They'd both get murked, BW's weak.

Dillashaw has never abandoned his wrestling.

He also doesn't have to be the superior striker to outstrike Renan is this fight. He'll be looking to use his striking to open opportunities for his wrestling and vice versa.

I think this will be a better fight than people are expecting.

I don't. Barao has faced better strikers and knocked them out. Barao via first round KO

these fights happen when there's no legit threat as a contender. the other choice would've been Assuncao. They'd both get murked, BW's weak.

ya assuncao is obviously @#1 as he beat shawdilla alrdy but he was hurt so cudnt fite

I'm sure TJ's smart enough to know that his main chance to win is to try and grind on Barao. Although not likely it succeeds I think TJ will try to mainly use his striking to set up his grappling.

It's hard to grapple with Barao if he doesn't want to.
Clinching with him is hard, taking him down is more difficult, and keeping him down is damn near impossible.
I think it'll be one of Barao's easier fights, TBH.

Whewww. Barao love ya but holy shit. Lmao good bump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back