Renan Barao: T.J. Dillashaw Thinks He's a Striker and He Isn't

Augustus Caesar

ブッブーですわ
@Gold
Reaction score
0.jpg

"I believe T.J. [Dillashaw] thinks he is a striker now, and he isn't," Barao told Bleacher Report through the assistance of a translator. "I think he will mess up and make mistakes in this fight, and this will present the chance for me to finish him. I'm very calm and ready for this fight, and I believe I will win this fight because I'm the better fighter."

Read entire article...

pretty much. Barao by 2nd round TKO via knee to the head at 2:36.

Well his background is wrestling technically, and it's pretty much all he had when he was on TUF and lost to Dodson. But he's definitely gotten light years better standing thanks to Team Alpha Male/Ludwig and obviously his willingness to learn.

I'm sure TJ's smart enough to know that his main chance to win is to try and grind on Barao. Although not likely it succeeds I think TJ will try to mainly use his striking to set up his grappling.

It doesn't matter what Dillishaw brings, he's screwed

That "staredown" has to be the stupidest thing I've seen today.

If only his trash talk was as good as his game...

His striking is much better than it was when he first got into the UFC. I think he can give Barao trouble on the feet.

Dillashaw has never abandoned his wrestling.

He also doesn't have to be the superior striker to outstrike Renan is this fight. He'll be looking to use his striking to open opportunities for his wrestling and vice versa.

I think this will be a better fight than people are expecting.

He's right, in a pure standup fight, Barao is still a league above.

If that is what I think it is, a 'stare down' over Skype... than that is probably one of, if not the dumbest things I have ever seen the UFC do.

i actually think TJ's striking isn't all that bad.

He works that head kick a lot now and i'm sure he's improved a lot from his last outing

Back