Reminder: Tony and Khabib fought on the same card at UFC 229

Ahh so now you resort to trying to paraphrase and claims about what I said that aren't true. I simply pointed out Conor's record in the UFC above 145 and what Tony's win streak was. Please show where I specifically said Conor had "no merit". I didn't, so you can't. It isn't all or none dummy. Title shots are about who has the MOST merit. Which is subjective.

I gave the OPINION that Tony should have been the one fighting for the belt.

It's almost like you enjoy taking these beatings and looking dumb...

And I explained you why Conor's UFC record above 145 does not matter in regards to the order of title contention, except I did not base my explanation on opinions, but actual facts. When someone makes a statement that is contrary to actual facts, he is indeed trying to present his opinion as fact, unless he specifically acknowledges that this is his opinion that goes contrary to fact. You've spouted bullshit without even knowing and understanding the facts and got exposed for being ignorant.

And yes, you were indeed trying to deny a fighter merit, because you were implying that Conor had less merit than Ferguson going into the title fight against Eddie... when Conor was a champion and was coming off a higher ranked win in the division. How does a champion have less merit than a guy coming off a win over an opponent who was not even in the top 10, lmao.

You're a pathetic cultist trying to deny not only Khabib's achievements by calling his belt "meaningless", you are willing to deny literally any fighter his achievements as long as it fits your narrative.

And I explained you why Conor's UFC record above 145 does not matter in regards to the order of title contention, except I did not base my explanation on opinions, but actual facts. When someone makes a statement that is contrary to actual facts, he is indeed trying to present his opinion as fact, unless he specifically acknowledges that this is his opinion that goes contrary to fact. You've spouted bullshit without even knowing and understanding the facts and got exposed for being ignorant.

And yes, you were indeed trying to deny a fighter merit, because you were implying that Conor had less merit than Ferguson going into the title fight against Eddie... when Conor was a champion and was coming off a higher ranked win in the division. How does a champion have less merit than a guy coming off a win over an opponent who was not even in the top 10, lmao.

You're a pathetic cultist trying to deny not only Khabib's achievements by calling his belt "meaningless", you are willing to deny literally any fighter his achievements as long as it fits your narrative.

Fact: Conor was on a 1 fight win streak when granted his title shot.

Fact: Ferguson was on an 8 fight win streak at the time.

Undeniable facts that you cannot dispute. No amount of your worthless spin changes this.

You on the other hand seem to have no fucking clue what a fact actually is.

Doesn't stop you from posting walls of utter dogshit though LMAO.

He was stripped of his title for failure to defend at UFC223. I see his cultists still refuse to acknowledge this simple fact. Literally delusional.

Lol no he was stripped because they needed a championship fight to headline the card, thats why Conor was also stripped and Khabib face a guy not even in the top 10 for the title.

Lol he did fight at UFC 242 you goof.

Love how all of a sudden there's this notion that the UFC chose Tony ahead of Conor but Tony refused so the UFC went with their back up plan on Conor...

Its like waking up in the twilight zone on sherdog.

you do know tony turned down the max fight so that why he didnt fight at ufc 242. tony could of fought khabib but picked to turn down the max fight.

Khabib wasn't hurt either for 236. Why was an interim title created when there was a healthy Champion?

Strip an interim Champion for an injury at a UFC mandated appearance.

Create an interim title when the Champ is suspended for his own actions.

That kind of seems backwards

Tony showed his commitment to the UFC by returning from major knee surgery to fight less than 6 months later.

If Khabib had shown any commitment to the UFC, he would have done the PSA to reduce the suspension by 3 months. And an interim would not have even been created.

The Beeb vine swingers will justify not doing the PSA because of his principles. Those same vine swingers don't understand what principle means when Tony refuses to fight for a second interim.

I realize the UFC makes the matches and not Khabib. The fuckery is ultimately on them. The huggers that justify the match making by blaming Tony are just comical though. It's like you all are scared or something.

the psa didnt matter it took the suspention into raimdaion still.

the moment he was suspedned that took khabib out of fighting until after it was over

Correct me if im wrong but what does fighting Max have to do with 242?? Tony already fought and won the interim title, why would he do it again??

You guys have a very short term memory.

alot the max fight for the winner ment they fight khabib next at ufc 242. the interm belt ment nothing it was all about the winner is fighting khabib which turned out at ufc 242

tony wasnt hurt when he turned the max fight down taking him out of ufc 242
yeah as a huge tony fan, that shocked me and I still dont get it. I know he was in middle of personal health issues and he changed management after that fight was turned down. He did say he got bad advice from them afterwards. Also if I recall correctly, dustin himself said dana made it clear winner of that fight wasnt 100% gauranteed next title fight vs khabib so there were other factors in play but would have loved to have seen tony take that fight. Regardless, at this point if tony vs khabib doesnt happen next i think theres going to be some explaining to do from someone be it khabib, tony or dana.

yeah as a huge tony fan, that shocked me and I still dont get it. I know he was in middle of personal health issues and he changed management after that fight was turned down. He did say he got bad advice from them afterwards. Also if I recall correctly, dustin himself said dana made it clear winner of that fight wasnt 100% gauranteed next title fight vs khabib so there were other factors in play but would have loved to have seen tony take that fight. Regardless, at this point if tony vs khabib doesnt happen next i think theres going to be some explaining to do from someone be it khabib, tony or dana.

if it doesnt happen i blame tony cause khabib not ducking a fuyhe signed to fight 4 times already

Dana has that New England racism against Mexicans. Tony never stood a chance. On the other hand, he has that Boston hard on for Irish. Conor had it easy from day one.

if it doesnt happen i blame tony cause khabib not ducking a fuyhe signed to fight 4 times already
tony has signed it 4x as well though. not really following your logic on that.

The more egregious thing honestly (from a merit standpoint, obviously not a financial one) was Conor being gifted the LW title shot after going 1-1 above 145. Tony fought RDA the same month as Conor vs Eddie. Tony had won 7 or 8 in a row at that point, every one at LW. They bypassed him to get their golden goose his second belt. That changed the entire landscape of the division.

$ over merit. Maybe it's always been that way and that's fine but those who argue it doesn't delegitimize the belts are either biased or stupid.
Khabib should have been the one who fights Eddie for the title. Instead he fought mj on the same card. UFC screwed Tony and Khabib to make Conor the first champ champ.

Khabib should have been the one who fights Eddie for the title. Instead he fought mj on the same card. UFC screwed Tony and Khabib to make Conor the first champ champ.

Tony or Khabib. Both fought in Nov. (like you said Khabib on the same card). Tony was "ranked" higher but it could have been Khabib too.

Back