• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reminder: Platinum Mike Perry is only 26 years old. He is the future of the division

Congratulations to Ponzi for outpointing Mike Perry but I think the future is brighter for the latter. PMP was a bit inefficient with his energy in the last rounds, with a little bit of tweaking and better game planning he easily wins that fight. His skillset is already at a solid top 10 level, I think it is inevitable that he becomes a solid contender for the title in the foreseeable future

I think you need to get a real job and stop posting hidden butt hurt sympathetic responses after loosing a bet.

Congratulations to Ponzi for outpointing Mike Perry but I think the future is brighter for the latter. PMP was a bit inefficient with his energy in the last rounds, with a little bit of tweaking and better game planning he easily wins that fight. His skillset is already at a solid top 10 level, I think it is inevitable that he becomes a solid contender for the title in the foreseeable future

So True! He didnt lose two fights and really beat Jouban and Ponzi!

Perry hits very hard, but he is far from elite. If he doesn't get an early KO against Top 10 fighters, he is doomed to lose rounds and decisions. You have to be able to win rounds. Betting everything on landing the KO is low probability against top fighters.

Ponzi was one of the few guys in the top 15 that Perry matched up well against, since their styles are kind of the same (brawlers)

If he has problems with Ponzi's striking, just imagine him in there with a real technical striker like Wonderboy or Till...

His striking is very limited and his gas tank is poor, and his grappling is questionable... He needs to improve a ton in order to be "the future".

Not impossible, just unlikely

I've been kind of neutral on Perry thus far.
Being objective, he definitely has power. If he polishes his technique and works on his cardio, in time I think he can go pretty far up the top 10. If he stays as is, he'll beat fighters he can steam roll but will continue to lose against high level fighters. He has the heart to stay in the pocket and trade when need be, and that's something many fighters don't have.

Darren Till is better than Perry plus Till is only 24. Till is not only the future of the Welterweight division but the UFC in general.

My cousin, although he is only 8 years old and has never had an MMA fight is the future of the welterweight division! I mean imagine how good he will be by the time he turns 18!

yeah hes still young af but he has a clear ceiling

hes simply gonna be a fun action fighter that can win FOTN on any card. Hes not good or well rounded enough to be a top fighter and prolly wont ever be top 10 unless he makes some drasstiiccccccccc improvements. Considering his mentality and temperament i doubt it

He'll be a fun main card brawler until his chin goes, which might not take long considering how he fights.

He's not ever holding a belt, that much is for sure.

He will continue to put on entertaining fights and interviews, but he's no future Champion.

The future looks kinda bleak then.
ffbfdc6923a68b92587a739afc9e89a29ccf841d68876a980c30cc91db678e5e.jpg

He was supposed to be like a more successful Phil Baroni,but actually he turned out to just be Phil Baroni

Back