Media Reminder: In 2016 Owen Roddy revealed CONOR was walking at 80kg (177lbs) to prepare for LW

I'm not saying Conor "Hey everyone, good news, I'm back on UFC-200" McGregor is a known liar*, buuuuuut ...

something to keep in mind when it comes to all of his hype and shenanigans and "I weigh 160 right now" is that his own team have already revealed in the past that The Notorious naturally walks well above 170.

Conor's my second favourite fighter to watch after Jon Jones, but let's be real here ... the man has been known to play fast and loose with the truth.

"Even before McGregor's rescheduled fight with Diaz rumours were already circulating that he might go on to face Robbie Lawler at UFC 200 for the welterweight belt. Roddy thinks the weight jump from featherweight to welterweight wouldn't be a problem and said that he would even have to cut weight to make the 170lbs weight limit.

"Conor would love to do it. Conor walks around 80 kilos (177lbs) and he'd still be cutting a bit at '77'," said Roddy."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...veals-mcgregor-coach-owen-roddy-a6893251.html

* Or am I?

giphy.gif
Walking weight = out of camp weight.

The fight is five days away. Of course he weighs less than that now.

-

-

-

5 weeks out from fight night, so it's likely he weighed a lot less come fight night:

Glad you did the research and proved my post correct. Got a couple messages in the inbox asking me how I'm so sure of those weights, etc.. it appears some do not grasp out of camp walk around weight vs fight camp walk around weight, nor did they comprehend that I said fight camp, not fight night.

Walk around weight is different from being in training camp weight.

Conor loses and he gets to face the holder of the BMF belt? That doesn't seem to make sense. A trilogy fight with Nate would make more sense
Conor getting a LW title shot if he beats Cowboy at 170 doesn’t seem to make sense either, yet that’s what will happen. If Conor were to lose, he’ll likely fight Mas imo. If Conor lost the Nate trilogy, it would be extremely difficult to market him. The Mas fight, LW and WW titles all go down the drain. The trilogy fight is Conor’s last fight of his career. It will always sell.

Why do people care what someone walks around at? Whittaker walked around at 230 lbs while he was fighting at 170. It's not like he was entering the ring at 230...he just got chubby. Is normal.

A walking around out of camp Conor is 177. Confirmation he isnt a welter

You don't get how a guy pretending he has to "eat his way up to 170" is goofy as fuck when it's already public that he's naturally well above 170?

Plus we're not talking about 2010 Rampage Jackson here, this is just-won-the-145-strap-2-months-ago, now-shooting-for-the-155-strap, hungry, focused, eye of the tiger, move-like-an-animal, fight-every-4-months Conor

That guy was "walking around" in shape at all times, not a single doubt about it

cejudo walks around 167 lbs, all the non sense of conor walking below 170 lbs is total BS.
This.
It should be pretty clear by looking at Conor alone that he's not below 170 pounds.

Why do people care what someone walks around at? Whittaker walked around at 230 lbs while he was fighting at 170. It's not like he was entering the ring at 230...he just got chubby. Is normal.
People care because Conor and some fans kept repeating the “3 and a half times” larger excuse for why He lost to Diaz.

Those who care want to fact check Conor’s claims.

People care because Conor and some fans kept repeating the “3 and a half times” larger excuse for why He lost to Diaz.

Those who care want to fact check Conor’s claims.

Nate was considerably bigger than Conor, but that's also not Nate's fault. Conor is a big boy who can make big boy decisions.

I think MMA fans (and people in general) need to be more objective. They aren't mutually exclusive. Nate was taller and had about 10 lbs. on Conor come fight night. However, Conor made the choice to jump 2 weight classes. People either dick ride Conor or hate him to the point where all objectivity is lost.

Back