Media Reminder: In 2016 Owen Roddy revealed CONOR was walking at 80kg (177lbs) to prepare for LW

Rum

Champion of Champions
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm not saying Conor "Hey everyone, good news, I'm back on UFC-200" McGregor is a known liar*, buuuuuut ...

something to keep in mind when it comes to all of his hype and shenanigans and "I weigh 160 right now" is that his own team have already revealed in the past that The Notorious naturally walks well above 170.

Conor's my second favourite fighter to watch after Jon Jones, but let's be real here ... the man has been known to play fast and loose with the truth.

"Even before McGregor's rescheduled fight with Diaz rumours were already circulating that he might go on to face Robbie Lawler at UFC 200 for the welterweight belt. Roddy thinks the weight jump from featherweight to welterweight wouldn't be a problem and said that he would even have to cut weight to make the 170lbs weight limit.

"Conor would love to do it. Conor walks around 80 kilos (177lbs) and he'd still be cutting a bit at '77'," said Roddy."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...veals-mcgregor-coach-owen-roddy-a6893251.html

* Or am I?

giphy.gif

I'm not saying Conor "Hey everyone, good news, I'm back on UFC-200" McGregor is a known liar*, buuuuuut ...

something to keep in mind when it comes to all of his hype and shenanigans and "I weigh 160 right now" is that his own team have already revealed in the past that The Notorious naturally walks well above 170.

Conor's my second favourite fighter to watch after Jon Jones, but let's be real here ... the man has been known to play fast and loose with the truth.

"Even before McGregor's rescheduled fight with Diaz rumours were already circulating that he might go on to face Robbie Lawler at UFC 200 for the welterweight belt. Roddy thinks the weight jump from featherweight to welterweight wouldn't be a problem and said that he would even have to cut weight to make the 170lbs weight limit.

"Conor would love to do it. Conor walks around 80 kilos (177lbs) and he'd still be cutting a bit at '77'," said Roddy."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...veals-mcgregor-coach-owen-roddy-a6893251.html

* Or am I?

giphy.gif
There is nothing to remind us about. Cutting from 80kg doesn’t mean shit. That’s not super big. Cutting 10kg is a easy cake. What ya trying to say?

Anyone else here in 20-30s weigh what they did in 2016?

There is nothing to remind us about. Cutting from 80kg doesn’t mean shit. That’s not super big. Cutting 10kg is a easy cake. What ya trying to say?
No it's not lmfao. At conors weight 10kg is a very high percentage of weight to lose.

Whatever it’s all speculation. Conor could be bullshitting and his coach could be bullshitting. He could be a 180 or 165, no one knows.

My question if he was 177 why did he cut an extra 2lb for no reason for the Diaz fight (came in at 168)

Whatever it’s all speculation. Conor could be bullshitting and his coach could be bullshitting. He could be a 180 or 165, no one knows.

My question if he was 177 why did he cut an extra 2lb for no reason for the Diaz fight (came in at 168)
I'm just going to assume his body was used to dropping massive weight. It probably went a little further than anticipated. Has happened to me.

if he was 177 why did he cut an extra 2lb for no reason for the Diaz fight (came in at 168)

When you're used to cutting to 145, cutting to 168 is nothing

Also, he came in 3lb under, the WW limit for non title fights is 171

Also, Nate came in at 169, 2lb under

giphy.gif

Did you finish maturing at 20 yrs old?
Possibly lmao. My body weight has always stayed very even keel. I have also done intermittent fasting for roughly 20 years. You know before everyone else jumped on that shit.

To make it look like he was fighter a HW in Diaz, which the casuals ate up as per usual.

I highly doubt he weighs 160 right now, he's the biggest he's ever been, and he claimed back when he fought at 45 that he walked around at 170, unless he was lying back then?

Possibly lmao. My body weight has always stayed very even keel. I have also done intermittent fasting for roughly 20 years. You know before everyone else jumped on that shit.
Thought everyone fluctuated with fad diets and resolution workout binges.
I live in gym 5-6 days a week since school days 20 yrs ago. Average about 2-3 lbs increase every year.

Thought everyone fluctuated with fad diets and resolution workout binges.
I live in gym 5-6 days a week since school days 20 yrs ago. Average about 2-3 lbs increase every year.
They do when they treat it as a fad. When it becomes a lifestyle it evens out

cejudo walks around 167 lbs, all the non sense of conor walking below 170 lbs is total BS.

* Or am I?

giphy.gif
Yeah. But double down on coke and stop drinking? Hmm...

Fake Conor quote, get your shit right. He said "160 and a bit". Not "I weigh 160". He could be 168, 169, who knows.

Back