remember your first?

because my wife could not give less of a shit about grappling.

your wife doesnt give a shit about one of the biggest passions in your life?

well, youve only been doing it a few months, hopefully if you get into it more, she will be able to appreciate what youre doing as well

Gi choked another whitebelt from inside his closed guard.

Those were the days!

your wife doesnt give a shit about one of the biggest passions in your life?

she gets scared for me and just doesnt like to hear about it - i think if i stick with it long enough she will come around, but for now, she just asks if i had fun

I learned the proper triangle technique and I've been tapping people like there's no tomorrow!

I'm not certain but I think my 1st sub was a head and arm choke from guard, against a blue belt (not a very good one though), that was about 4.5 years ago.

Mine was an armbar from the guard about 2.5 months into training. It was loose, and I crushed my balls doing it, but I got the tap.

Just treat everyone the same. If you start treated everyone differently because of the belt you will develop a new game for everyone opponent. Keep it is consistant as possible.

You've been training for 2.5 months and you tapped out a blue belt with a gogoplata? That's either very impressive, or bs.

I don't remember my first ever submission, but I do remember one time as a mid-level white belt I tapped a blue belt with an armbar what I switched to off a triangle. I was pretty proud of myself after that one.

I also remember the first time I successfully pulled off a triangle.

When i 1st started training, after a few months i tapped a dude who had started 6months before me with a triangle! That felt pretty darn good! Actually i think that that was the 1st and last triangle that i ever got! haha

I don't know my first but the one that made me smile was when I was visiting a school and was paired with this gentlemen who had just received his blue and was able to slap ona triangle that he was tapping as fast as I threw my legs around. It was a good feeling.

I arm triangled a guy in my first Judo tournement before even knowing what an arm triangle was. I was just trying to pin him and managed to drape his arm over his throat and squeezed really hard.

Haven't been able to consiously do it since.

You've been training for 2.5 months and you tapped out a blue belt with a gogoplata? That's either very impressive, or bs.

I promise its neither; it was option (c) a fluke

I was trying for an armbar and had my other leg high up his back, he slipped it and i kind of just wormed the shin in there. I wasn't really even looking for it - like I said, he continued to beat my ass after that.
It may well have also had to do with the fact that he knows I'm not yet very good and did not expect me to be comfortable even going for that sub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back