Remember when Rockhold said "Andserson Silva is not on my level, he never was"?

Thing is the guy could come off 10 KO losses in a row, you put a mic on his face and he'll start being arrogant all over again. It's just in his nature... which makes each KO more and more satisfying to watch.
Well after 10 KO losses I'd assume that would be the CTE talking for luke.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, I don't see Prime Silva losing to anyone.
Not surprised. people who are fans of fighters often dont see weak spots that fans of fights do.

most recent example is tony ferguson and to a lesser extent khabib

Last edited:
I also remember when Kevin thought he could beat an old Silva and dodged a bullet when fight got canned

Which is not only an absurd thing to say, but it's also freaking hilarious in retrospect considering the fact that Anderson defended his belt 10 times and he didn't lose his belt until he was past prime, and Rockhold got KOed in the first round during his first tile defense, and he has been brutally knocked out in the last 3 out of his last 4 fights. <Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo>
<BC1>
Discuss.

Rockhold almost certainly would have been a part of Silva's highlight reel.

Not surprised. people who are fans of fighters often dont see weak spots that fans of fights do.

I admit I am somewhat biased because I'm a fan of Anderson and I'm not a fan of Rockhold, but it's hard to bet against Anderson when he was in his prime because he was so dominant.

False, Round 1 of the rematch looked exactly like any of the other rounds of the first fight. Cheal did a stupid spinning back fist and got finished. Find me evident of rockhold getting someone down and them effectively fighting him off. if rockhold gets you down he's going to hurt you badly, like machida, bisping, branch, jardine or boetch.

by the way, Luke rockhold I'm fairly certain has NEVER lost a scramble.

this is a valid point, but rockholds stand up grappling is very very strong and he has a great clinch he can use to get people down at times. his single or blast double aren't anything to write home about but he doesn't typically get people down that way to begin with.
you know who else had a great clinch game?

<BC1>

in a prime andy vs prime rockhold contest, anderson would be a clear favorite, maybe even big. anderson is the much better striker and luke's chin wouldn't hold up imho. Even tho luke is more physical and is great on top, anderson was very tricky and aggressive off his back in case luke got him there somehow.

The recipe to beat andy is a great wrestler with solid striking basics. Chael with better fight iq (and better striking) would've got it done most times than not. someone like khabib or gsp at mw would've been andy's kryptonite.

Last edited:
He was so sure that moving up to LHW was gonna fix his chin.

<Lmaoo>

I remember the night of that fight. thinking that Rockhold was for sure going to retain, but I didn't wanna miss it in case something crazy happened. I mean, what if Bisping won the title, wouldn't that be crazy?? I watched his entire UFC career & watched him go from a dickhead everyone despised to a dickhead who was somewhat endearing.

watching him KO Luke was one of the craziest moments I've seen in my 13 years of being a hardcore fan.

I remember the night of that fight. thinking that Rockhold was for sure going to retain, but I didn't wanna miss it in case something crazy happened. I mean, what if Bisping won the title, wouldn't that be crazy?? I watched his entire UFC career & watched him go from a dickhead everyone despised to a dickhead who was somewhat endearing.

watching him KO Luke was one of the craziest moments I've seen in my 13 years of being a hardcore fan.
Nice, glad you got to see that after being a Bisping fan for so long.

Same here, and it might be my personal favorite too. it's def up there. bisping stayed in the sport so long that he finally got it. perseverance.

Nice, glad you got to see that after being a Bisping fan for so long.

Same here, and it might be my personal favorite too. it's def up there. bisping stayed in the sport so long that he finally got it. perseverance.

I almost opted out that night & did something else. I did that with Ronda vs Holm & feel really stupid for that one in hindsight

I almost opted out that night & did something else. I did that with Ronda vs Holm & feel really stupid for that one in hindsight
That's why I try to see every fight card I can, because what if something crazy happens? Like for example, what if Felicia Spencer upsets Amanda Nunes this Saturday? I would know I would be kicking myself if I missed it.

Well Bisping beat both of them...

Does it even matter?

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW ever except perhaps prime Jones.

bro i fell asleep before the bigfoot hunt rematch LOL. it was a boring event iirc. woke up and saw holm with the title on my feed and went nuts

I admit I am somewhat biased because I'm a fan of Anderson and I'm not a fan of Rockhold, but it's hard to bet against Anderson when he was in his prime because he was so dominant.
again, this is just my take but throughout his reign he shows a very effective abillity to win fights. Which is something i will always tout and credit him for. however it's not as if he hasn't ever lost a round, he lost rounds to Leites, henderson, and chael. It's not as if he were completely invulnerable and couldn't lose in his prime. I think (prime) rockhold is better than most of the fighters he fought in his prime.

I very much understand not liking luke rockhold, but his skills are no joke. I will admit if luke had a weakness it'd be his striking defense, that COULD land him in trouble with silva.

Prime Silva beats every MW and LHW ever except perhaps prime Jones.

keep dreaming

you know who else had a great clinch game?

<BC1>

in a prime andy vs prime rockhold contest, anderson would be a clear favorite, maybe even big. anderson is the much better striker and luke's chin wouldn't hold up imho. Even tho luke is more physical and is great on top, anderson was very tricky and aggressive off his back in case luke got him there somehow.

I agree anderson would have been the favourite but that wouldn't have meant that he'd win. much like I agree that Ferguson rightfully should have been the favorite against gaethje. but i didn't think tony would win. Woodley and burns as well for a recent example it makes no sense logically to call burns the favorite, but I thought he was going to win.

And I'm not just saying that I bet money on gilbert and justin and won.

And for what it's worth i think luke would out muscle him in the clinch. But I think luke rockhold is criminally underrated.

However, Rockhold did besmirch my boy teh chris, who stole andy’s soul twice...
I don't think you know what stealing somebody's stole means. Weidman is 10 years younger than Silva, and he has been absolutely clobbered by everybody since 2015. Anderson has one TKO loss in the same period.

Back