Remember when Rockhold said "Andserson Silva is not on my level, he never was"?

I wasn't on Sherdog at the time, were there really Sherbros saying that Rockhold would beat prime Anderson?
{<jordan}

"Rockhold can play the kicking game with Silva and if Luke gets him to the ground Anderson will be in a world of trouble"

I think he's right prime rockhold finishes Anderson in 3. If Anderson got held down 4 rounds against cheap Anderson is never getting if rockhold gets on top. He might have the best top game at mw

Actually an interesting comparison when you look at common opponents

I think he's right prime rockhold finishes Anderson in 3. If Anderson got held down 4 rounds against cheap Anderson is never getting if rockhold gets on top. He might have the best top game at mw
Rockhold would not beat prime Anderson, stop it.
<36>
Anderson would front kick Luke right in the face and (*Mike Goldberg voice*) it would be all over.
<Goldie11>

With all the KO's on his record, i'd be surprised if Rockhold remembers saying it.

Rockhold would not beat prime Anderson, stop it.
<36>
Anderson would front kick Luke right in the face and (*Mike Goldberg voice*) it would be all over.
<Goldie11>
Ok. Styles make fights man Anderson wouldn't survive on the ground against rockhold. Like he would Chael.

To be fair, Rockhold in 2015 beating the fuck out of Weidman and Machida was very impressive.
Yes, Luke is a talented fighter. I can never take that away from him. But it was still absurd to compare Rockhold to prime Silva at the time because he had just won the belt and Silva defended the belt 10 times. And it's even more absurd in retrospect considering how much Rockhold has declined in the last few years.

Ok. Styles make fights man Anderson wouldn't survive on the ground against rockhold. Like he would Chael.
Silva still beat Chael after being dominated by him for 5 rounds while he had injured ribs, and he dominated Chael and finished him in the second fight in the second round when he was in much better shape.
What makes you think that Rockhold could even get Silva to the ground? Anderson has good takedown defense, and chances are Silva would catch Luke with something early. Silva would beat Rockhold 9/10 IMO.

Silva still beat Chael after being dominated by him for 5 rounds while he had injured ribs, and he dominated Chael and finished him in the second fight in the second round when he was in much better shape.
False, Round 1 of the rematch looked exactly like any of the other rounds of the first fight. Cheal did a stupid spinning back fist and got finished. Find me evident of rockhold getting someone down and them effectively fighting him off. if rockhold gets you down he's going to hurt you badly, like machida, bisping, branch, jardine or boetch.

by the way, Luke rockhold I'm fairly certain has NEVER lost a scramble.

chael actually had good tds tho

this is a valid point, but rockholds stand up grappling is very very strong and he has a great clinch he can use to get people down at times. his single or blast double aren't anything to write home about but he doesn't typically get people down that way to begin with.

Thing is the guy could come off 10 KO losses in a row, you put a mic on his face and he'll start being arrogant all over again. It's just in his nature... which luckily makes each KO more and more satisfying to watch.

False, Round 1 of the rematch looked exactly like any of the other rounds of the first fight. Cheal did a stupid spinning back fist and got finished. Find me evident of rockhold getting someone down and them effectively fighting him off. if rockhold gets you down he's going to hurt you badly, like machida, bisping, branch, jardine or boetch.

by the way, Luke rockhold I'm fairly certain has NEVER lost a scramble.

this is a valid point, but rockholds stand up grappling is very very strong and he has a great clinch he can use to get people down at times. his single or blast double aren't anything to write home about but he doesn't typically get people down that way to begin with.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree, I don't see Prime Silva losing to anyone.

Back