remember when Rampage use to slam guys

Yep. The Bader slam at UFC 144 Japan was the last that I remember from him.
Vi3eCCv.gif

8eNN.gif

that's what got me into mma. His strength was just different and this was in pride when everyone was on steroids.

Baseless fighter bashing.

Be careful you may get a yellow card for that baseless blanket statement

Yeah, Rampage's slams were pretty awesome. I don't blame him for moving away from them, though. They were a very high-risk/low-reward technique for him, and they became much less effective as he started fighting better guys. Still, the Arona slam will always make for an amazing highlight!

If everyone in Pride was on steroids like you say, then you could also make the baseless accusation Rampage was aswell then.
Baseless?
You do know multiple fighters have indicated that peds were encouraged in PRIDE. That's not without a basis.

Baseless?
You do know multiple fighters have indicated that peds were encouraged in PRIDE. That's not without a basis.

I'm well aware, but If we're going to read a thread about how good Rampage was in prime, probably best to not include the fact Pride were all on PEDS because then it'll put Rampage under that same cloud, that was more my point, which there's never been any proof Rampage was.

I'm well aware, but If we're going to read a thread about how good Rampage was in prime, probably best to not include the fact Pride were all on PEDS because then it'll put Rampage under that same cloud, that was more my point, which there's never been any proof Rampage was.
Well he was a TRT guy... so he was taking steroids post Pride for a condition that is closely associated with steroid abuse. But yes he did take steroids during his career by his own admission. TRT is test.

Well he was a TRT guy... so he was taking steroids post Pride for a condition that is closely associated with steroid abuse. But yes he did take steroids during his career by his own admission. TRT is test.

There's still not any proof of him taking steroids prior though, that's just him taking testosterone therapy which "could" be for a multitude of reasons, I get what you're saying but TRT isn't a steroid and was legal at one point, it shouldn't have been but it was unfortunately, we're all assuming who was on it in Pride and who wasn't.

If the guys in Pride were all allegedly on steroids and Rampage was able to have his way with them like that I find it pretty impressive.

The only evidence I can offer on his behalf, is look how their transitions went when they got to the UFC.

Rampage didn’t look like he lost a step.

Back