Remember when people said 2015 would be an awesome year for the UFC?

It could be an awesome year or it could be a horrible year or maybe an OK year. Nobody can tell the future.

People are unfettered optimists in the face of all evidence. Hendrix/Lawler 3, more of the same. Silva will kill Diaz then get killed by Weidman again. GSP will stay retired. Lesnar will return and get destroyed by any top 10 HW. CM Punk will get wrecked by some unknown MW. This will not be a good year for the UFC, no matter how much the UFC wants to pretend "the time is now".

Name the 10

I'm loving it lel

dana-white-the-time-is-now.jpg

Rekt

Name the 10

Check the UFC rankings for HW and look at the champion and next 9 guys. Might as well add the 10th guy even though he's technically ranked #11 but it's Ben Rothwell and he has the KO power to KO Lesnar.

Check the UFC rankings for HW and look at the champion and next 9 guys. Might as well add the 10th guy even though he's technically ranked #11 but it's Ben Rothwell and he has the KO power to KO Lesnar.

Lesnar could still beat a lot of guys with wrestling and size including Rothwell who would not stop his takedown and Schaub who well that is self explanatory and call me crazy but I think Lesnar takes Travis Browne to school and also beats Bigfoot and Arlovskit. People focus to much on his loss to Cain and the truth is Cain already has beaten those guys or would beat them.

aw man 8 days into january 2015 fucking sucks! this whole year going to suck guys!

It's awesome in the same way a house looks "awesome" as it's burning to the ground. A more literally use of the word, but it still applies.

Kinda agree with that line of thinking. Bellator just needs to keep making moves putting on good fights and let Ufc take care of itself to potentially become a legit #2 promotions

This 8 days are showing us clearly that UFC is going to die this year.

They did over 750k buys for the first PPV, and in the next month some of their biggest draws are in compelling matchups? Anderson, Ronda... also McGregor is fighting.

Seems good to me?

McGregor gets KO'd in the first minute
Rumble Gus fight cancelled
Silva retires with a loss
Bigfoot hospitalized from gigantism
Weidman busts knee and out for a year
Pettis wins but breaks something again, out for 2 years
Aldo vs Edgar II
Cain gets injured again and not stripped.

That isn't even six months into the year.

Last edited:
Back