Remember when McGregor ducked...

"You know, I think he was looking for a way out," Edgar told the UFC commentators. "I know it's tough coming off two weeks notice and supposedly he broke his foot and whatnot but you've got to go into every fight trying to win, man. You can't be fighting for a paycheck. If you're fighting for a paycheck, I'm the wrong guy to be standing across the cage from."

Remember last summer when they gave Conor the choice and he picked Chad over Frankie because he knew Chad wasn't in the gym? Remember Dana said it was because Chad was higher ranked? Now there is no mention of rankings. All that matters to get hand picked to fight Conor on short notice is helps not to be training for a fight.

Remember when they gave Conor he choice and he picked Chad over Frankie because he knew Chad wasn't in the gym. Dana said it was because Chad was higher ranked? Look what happened. This time we learned ranking doesn't matter. All the matters to get hand picked to fight Conor on short notice is helps not to be training for a fight.

"The opponent doesn't matter but give me a list of names anyway so I can pick one."

Edgar bashed Mendes in some interview before saying he's not the type of guy to train in the offseason.

Probably mad that he was campaigning for the fight nonstop and Dana didn't even ask him.

Ranking doesn't paint the whole picture. Mendes got KTFO by Edgar with a full camp. His wrestling game relies more heavily on cardio but he's all finz & featherz in the off season with no fight cardio. Conor knew this that's why he ducked Edgar.

Conor himself said RDA is a bum version of Aldo and an easier fight. That's why he went with RDA instead of Edgar. 155 also comes with an additional bonus duck: the weight cut.

Before that when he was scheduled to fight Cole Miller who has sick jits game at UFC Dublin 2 rumor was he pressure the UFC to pay MIller to bow out due to "injuries" and handpicked a brawler in Diego Brandao as replacement. Something similarly shady happened in January last year when Conor used his leverage to cherrypick aging German dwarf striker Dennis Siver for him to tear apart.

Now if you go all the way back to the days of Cage Warriors FC you'll also find instances of him ducking legit competition and fighting Ivan Buchinger for the CWFC LW belt. Buchinger at the time didn't even have a proper training camp or training partners and that's why Conor picked him.

Not sure if you're sarcastic or not TS, if you are then I disagree with you but if you're serious then I agree with you. Conor McGregor has a history of ducking better competitions. The situation is as clear as shit stuck in mud.

If only you knew how serious I was.

Edgar and Khabib are horrible match ups for him. Definately ducked Khabib. The UFC wants that RDA fight. Props for him for taking that one.

Nate is a safe overrated fighter. But here we are again going against a guy with only part of a camp. And I'm sure some shertards will say that is more detrimental to Conor.

Frankie is still his toughest fight from all his potential and coming opponents.

They should just make McGregor run through a guantlet off the top ten FWs and LWs on one night. Speed up the process.
If he does that he'll clearly be ducking Robbie Lawler.

He can't fight
1. Fighters who drop out
2. Fighters the UFC won't give him (not sure about how much say he has)
3. Fighters who turn down the fight
4. All of the potential fighters at once

This isn't on Conor... The fight to make was the one that was on. RDA drops out at short notice so we get a far inferior fight.

I was of the mind that somehow the Stars had aligned perfectly for Conor. Between the hand picked opponents and not facing any title contenders on his way to the championship fight against an unprepared Mendes, I figured it was either luck or the UFC stacking the odds in favor of their new cash cow. Then he goes and starches Aldo in 13 seconds. So now I'm just confused. I don't know if he is that good or simply a product of the circumstances. I really thought RDA's style would test him. Not sure what the new and improved ripped looking Nate has to offer.

If he does that he'll clearly be ducking Robbie Lawler.

I did some digging and learned that he never defended his Cage Warriors FC FW or LW titles. He must've been ducking somebody.

Also, why did he sign with the UFC and not Bellator FC? Ducking Patricio Freire perhaps?

Edgar won and defended the LW belt cutting pretty much zero weight.

Mendes lost every title fight he ever had.

In what world is Mendes better Edgar?

WhisperedWhirlwindLangur.gif

He was ranked above Edgar throughout McGregor's run to the FW title. That's all TS is saying.

In dilusional Connor fan girls world. Connor fans are so stupid they actally believed Mendes was higher ranked at the time than Frankie when in fact Mendes was coming off a loss to Aldo and only a 1 fight win streak. While Frankie was on a 4 fight win streak and has proven to be Champion material.

That's because he actually was ranked higher at FW.
Don't let facts get in the way of your arguments though.

Higher ranked Mendes? LOL, STFU Dummy. Mendes had no business being ranked higher than Frankie. Frankie was on a 4 fight win streak while Mendez was coming off a loss to Aldo and only a 1 fight win streak. Only dummies like you and whoever ranked Mendes above Edgar truly believed Mendes was higher ranked than Frankie.

Frankie passed Mendes in the ranking literally the day after they booked Mendes vs. Conor lol.

When has a sitting champion taken a short notice fight 2 weight classes up?

When his opponent takes the fight on short notice and can't cut weight to his normal weight class.

That's because he actually was ranked higher at FW.
Don't let facts get in the way of your arguments though.

He was ranked higher for like two days, then "coincidentally" Edgar passed Mendes in the rankings right after they booked Mendes vs. Conor.

The rankings are joke though. They randomly bump fighters rankings up before their fight all the time.

I'm not arguing abou that, but Mendes has been beating everyone in the FW division except Aldo at that time. And that fight was competitive.
I wouldn't even have argued if Frankie was ranked above him at that time ... it was basically a tie, but there was no real reason for bumping Mendes from #1.
People would have shit on McGregor had he taken the Edgar short notice fight for ducking Mendes.
It wouldn't really have mattered in the end.

Back