Remember when McGregor ducked...

You've lost me. In what way am i spinning things?

You are justifying a fighter who has had the power (for multiple fights by the way) to look at a list of names and then chose which one he wants to fight. You are justifying that by saying he's put himself in that position to have the power to do so. Then you're throwing out red herrings like "oh, but other fighters wouldn't accept things" , and creating imaginary situations where other fighters have been in similar situations as him—they haven't. They haven't had the power that Conor has.

Last edited:
Who knows. I'm a frankie fan, so I'm biased. I had no problem that they picked Mendes at the time, but I think anyone with a brain would have known that Edgar's cardio is always on point, where as Mendes has had cardio issues in the past.

Agreed, when he fought Lentz he grinded out a decision. I think this was also short notice and he struggled cardio wise, but got through 3 rounds.
His cardio was never so bad that he would have gassed within one round against McGregor. A bit can be attributed to the short notice, but a lot of it was McGregor's body kicks.
Btw, who you got in the McGregor-Diaz fight?

I do believe that McGregor beats Edgar in a fight, yes.
Edgar being more competitive than Mendes is pure conjecture though.
Just because he beat Mendes in a fight, doesn't make him more competitive against McGregor. You know very well that extrapolating based on past fights doesn't work. If you do believe that to be that case, I'll just checkmate you by saying Edgar lost to Aldo.

That being said, I wouldn't be mad if that fight happened.

No point comparing using mmath and talking about Edgar losing to Aldo. Styles make fights.

Edgar and Mendes are both wrestlers except Edgar is a much better version of Mendes.

He actually knows how to use footwork and how to get his back away from the cage. Mendes just stood with his back against the cage like a punching bag against Aldo and Conor.

The only thing he might be better than Edgar at is one punch KO power.

I've noticed the usual Conor fanboys didn't even comment in this thread. What happened, little ducklings?

Agreed, when he fought Lentz he grinded out a decision. I think this was also short notice and he struggled cardio wise, but got through 3 rounds.
His cardio was never so bad that he would have gassed within one round against McGregor. A bit can be attributed to the short notice, but a lot of it was McGregor's body kicks.
Btw, who you got in the McGregor-Diaz fight?

Conor. My only question is whether Diaz will make it competitive or not; Diaz is hot and cold. If the best Diaz shows up then it could be interesting, but I doubt he will considering the circumstances. Conor should style all over him and TKO Diaz within 3.

Say whatever you want
... Edgar by taking a fight against the higher ranked Chad Mendes? For sure, if he took the fight against Edgar then he would have been ducking Mendes.

Then he ducked Edgar again by taking a fight against Rafael Dos Anjos, the champion of a higher, more competitive weightclass. Surely, had he taken the fight with Edgar then he'd be ducking Dos Anjos.

Now he's at it again by taking a fight against Nate Diaz and ducking Donald Cerrone and Khabib Nurmagomedov in the process. Of course, we all know that had he taken the fight against Cerrone or Khabib, he'd be ducking Diaz and the other.
He's such a duck.

Make any theory you want, if you are the FW champion your next fight is DEFEND THAT BELT.

That is fighting the N 1 contender, who has been for a long long time FRANK EDGAR, any other fight Conor takes he is ducking Frankie Edgar.

But as long as he sells $$$ the UFC will let him do whatever he wants.

He is much likely fighting Nate, then RDA, then Aldo, if he loses to RDA or Aldo, there will be a rematch, anyone else but Frankie.

Funny thing, don´t you think?

He knows Frankie will just blast double leg him and elbow him into a bloody mess.

I'm not arguing abou that, but Mendes has been beating everyone in the FW division except Aldo at that time. And that fight was competitive.
I wouldn't even have argued if Frankie was ranked above him at that time ... it was basically a tie, but there was no real reason for bumping Mendes from #1.
People would have shit on McGregor had he taken the Edgar short notice fight for ducking Mendes.
It wouldn't really have mattered in the end.

It was a tie between Frankie and Mendes? Since when does winning 4 fights in a roll equal losing the title fight against Aldo and only have a 1 fight winning streak? Face it that was some bullshit ranking there in order for Mendes to face Connor. No way should Mendes have been ranked higher thank Frankie and only idiots that dont know 1+1 would think Mendes should have been ranked higher.

Connor fans are so pathetic.

Edgar was ranked above Mendes, but you don't give a fuck about reality anyway, with your head planted so far up Conor's ass.

When has a sitting champion taken a short notice fight 2 weight classes up?
When he is being paid 10-20 million dollars to take the fight, against another guy not fighting in his natural weight class either.
Don't you think BJ would have fought say Kosckek at 185 pounds for that kind of money if GSP pulled out of there second fight?

When he is being paid 10-20 million dollars to take the fight, against another guy not fighting in his natural weight class either.
Don't you think BJ would have fought say Kosckek at 185 pounds for that kind of money if GSP pulled out of there second fight?

Yes, BJ would have. BJ would have fought Brock Lesnar. That's the kind of company Conor is in.

It was a tie between Frankie and Mendes? Since when does winning 4 fights in a roll equal losing the title fight against Aldo and only have a 1 fight winning streak? Face it that was some bullshit ranking there in order for Mendes to face Connor. No way should Mendes have been ranked higher thank Frankie and only idiots that dont know 1+1 would think Mendes should have been ranked higher.

Connor fans are so pathetic.

Flawed reasoning. As usual with you, I must sadly say. Here's four reasons why.
  1. No mutual opponents except Aldo which they both lost.
  2. Losing against another challenger makes you drop ranks, not losing against the champ.
  3. Arguing winning streaks when only one of them had a title fight is just nonsense.
  4. If you're arguing winning streaks, I'm going to argue a 3 fight losing streak for Frankie in title fights.
Thus, he was rightfully #1 ranked at that time. This is how it's done when there's several contenders and it's close.
Doesn't matter whether people think Frankie was better. There was no objective reason at all to take that #1 from Chad.

That being said, I'll have to comment again on the obnoxious way you talk to people. People don't have to "face" anything as a consequence to such clearly subjectivity in your arguments. It's hilarious how you comment on people being idiots while your spelling is still horrible.

Conor. My only question is whether Diaz will make it competitive or not; Diaz is hot and cold. If the best Diaz shows up then it could be interesting, but I doubt he will considering the circumstances. Conor should style all over him and TKO Diaz within 3.

I agree, a Diaz win seems unlikely. Given their face off at the presser, I misjudged the height of Diaz. I thought his reach and height advantage would possibly cause problems for McGregor. While the UFC stats say it's only 2 inches in reach and 1 inch in height, we all know that these stats are not the most accurate... This time they seem to have gotten it right.

No point comparing using mmath and talking about Edgar losing to Aldo. Styles make fights.

Edgar and Mendes are both wrestlers except Edgar is a much better version of Mendes.

He actually knows how to use footwork and how to get his back away from the cage. Mendes just stood with his back against the cage like a punching bag against Aldo and Conor.

The only thing he might be better than Edgar at is one punch KO power.

Yes, I would have agreed to that even before they actually fought. Good breakdown. I actually was surprised how well Chad did before he got caught. He spun Frankie around with a few powerful leg kicks, ways active and pressing the action. Would have loved to see that fight go on for a little while. My guess was Frankie would take over in the later rounds.

Flawed reasoning. As usual with you, I must sadly say. Here's four reasons why.
  1. No mutual opponents except Aldo which they both lost.
  2. Losing against another challenger makes you drop ranks, not losing against the champ.
  3. Arguing winning streaks when only one of them had a title fight is just nonsense.
  4. If you're arguing winning streaks, I'm going to argue a 3 fight losing streak for Frankie in title fights.
Thus, he was rightfully #1 ranked at that time. This is how it's done when there's several contenders and it's close.
Doesn't matter whether people think Frankie was better. There was no objective reason at all to take that #1 from Chad.

That being said, I'll have to comment again on the obnoxious way you talk to people. People don't have to "face" anything as a consequence to such clearly subjectivity in your arguments. It's hilarious how you comment on people being idiots while your spelling is still horrible.

Arguing winning streaks when only one of them had a title fight is just nonsense? What in the world do you mean? They both have had title fights, Frankie has been the only 1 of both who has been able to win the title. How exactly is it even nonsense? Winning streaks matter, so does the opponent you face. You say losing to Aldo does not count, okay but that still leaves Chad with only a 1 fight win streak. And why would you even bring up fights that Frankie lost before he started his winning streak?

I dont really care what you say if you really believe Mendes should have been ranked higher than Frankie you are out of your mind and are a delusional Connor fan. Face it!!

Now he's at it again by taking a fight against Nate Diaz and ducking Donald Cerrone and Khabib Nurmagomedov in the process. Of course, we all know that had he taken the fight against Cerrone or Khabib, he'd be ducking Diaz and the other.

He's such a duck.
do u realy belive that anyone would say he is ducking Nate because he chosed Khabib ?

Arguing winning streaks when only one of them had a title fight is just nonsense? What in the world do you mean? They both have had title fights, Frankie has been the only 1 of both who has been able to win the title. How exactly is it even nonsense? Winning streaks matter, so does the opponent you face. You say losing to Aldo does not count, okay but that still leaves Chad with only a 1 fight win streak. And why would you even bring up fights that Frankie lost before he started his winning streak?

I dont really care what you say if you really believe Mendes should have been ranked higher than Frankie you are out of your mind and are a delusional Connor fan. Face it!!

Ah, playing dumb again ...

Looking back at both of their last 4 fights, Mendes had a title fight and 3 wins, one of them against Lamas who was highest ranked among both Chad's and Frankie's last 4 opponents. Frankie didn't have a title fight in his last 4 fights and has faced lower ranked opponents in the last two (at that time).
Having a winning streaked snapped by the champ doesn't make you drop ranks.
Yes, Frankie earned the LW title. Why even bring it up, it's before his winning streak?

Also, according to your logic, Holloway should have been #1.

You cannot be taken seriously anyway. Your arguments are too soaked in subjectivity and McGregor hate. You inability to stay objective is uncanny.

Back