Remember when JDS said he can beat (KO) Klitschko . LOL!!

Yeah he probably could knock out Wladimir Klitschko in an MMA fight, he could take him down at will then mount him and beat him until the Klitschko either went to sleep or at least get a TKO from referee stoppage.

Probably, or JDS would still be struggling to get position to score clean punches on him. Couture had difficulty doing this against Toney, who was defending himself by moving his head from each side of Couture's abdomen. Which is why Couture changed position. In 1994 a Ninjiutsu guy got onto top mount against a Boxer and had his chin broken when the Boxer caught him from bottom position thus rocking him enough for the Boxer to get back up to his feet.

Boxers are way tougher than haters on here give them credit for.

It's called believing you can do anything. Kind of important if you want to suceed at stuff I hear.

When you believe in something you can do, but evidence is given you have no shot in hell of doing it?!?

It's called being arogant. It all went to JDS's head.

Probably, or JDS would still be struggling to get position to score clean punches on him. Couture had difficulty doing this against Toney, who was defending himself by moving his head from each side of Couture's abdomen. Which is why Couture changed position. In 1994 a Ninjiutsu guy got onto top mount against a Boxer and had his chin broken when the Boxer caught him from bottom position thus rocking him enough for the Boxer to get back up to his feet.

Wtf? It's like you think boxers are some sort of mythical elite amongst martial artists. Do they hit harder? Do they have better chin? No. Am I missing something?

I'm from a boxing background so I'm definitely no hater. A pro boxer would have a good chance in a real fight because they typically start in striking range, but MMA matches give the grappler room to shoot long before the boxer is in range.

Toney at least trained some for MMA, I assume we are talking about Klitschko now not if he took time to learn any grappling. with no training Klitschko would stand next to no chance in an MMA fight unless JDS was dumb enough to stand with him. Now I think Haye would have a legit chance in an MMA fight because he has some grappling training.

Wtf? It's like you think boxers are some sort of mythical elite amongst martial artists. Do they hit harder? Do they have better chin? No. Am I missing something?

Who the f'ck said all that about them being some sort of mythical elite amongst martial artists

Do I sense a insecure Boxing hater here?

It's always "OMG HE WILL TAKE HIM OUT WITH ONE LEG KICK" or "HE WILL FINISH HIM QUICK WITH GNP".

Like if it's that easy. Only untrained geeks or fat couch dwellers talk with such hyperbole.

And in most cases Boxers do hit harder. Because they train on the dynamics of hitting as hard and as technical as they can for all their lives, while many get into Boxing to begin with because they know they have natural punching power, which is only enhanced way more through Boxing training.

Mercer being the first and only guy to KO Sylvia should be one example of this.

As for their chins. In Pro Boxing, all the boxers with bad chins are usually weeded out during the early part of the "ladder climbing" process. The ones who makes it to top 50 have been able to get pass this process with their chin now only being tested against the top hitters in the world.

I'm from a boxing background so I'm definitely no hater. A pro boxer would have a good chance in a real fight because they typically start in striking range, but MMA matches give the grappler room to shoot long before the boxer is in range.

Toney at least trained some for MMA, I assume we are talking about Klitschko now not if he took time to learn any grappling. with no training Klitschko would stand next to no chance in an MMA fight unless JDS was dumb enough to stand with him. Now I think Haye would have a legit chance in an MMA fight because he has some grappling training.

I agree with you, it's just that I get annoyed by the hyperboles thrown around here by haters as if Boxers are built of glass who will simply crumble to one leg kick or deteriorate from punches while once on the ground.

I find it hard to believe that a Boxer who can take punches for 12 rounds from the heaviest hitters in the world will just get KO by GnP from a wrestler whose specialty is not punching. Especially considering that punches are more powerful when thrown from the feet due to the body's mechanism as compare to being thrown while on the ground.

This is common sense any MMA fighter knows.

If JDS got with a coach that stressed better defense he probably could

If JDS got with a coach that stressed better defense he probably could

No he can't. Boxing is the air the Klistchkos breath. They been doing this all their lives and are now the top HWs Boxer in the world.

Wladimir has a Gold Medal in the Olympics for Boxing.

Don't be so delusional.

Yeah because losing to 1 of the best wrestlers in mma clearly tells you how a striking contest would go down

No it isn't. Somebody who hits as hard as JDS could ko almost anyone on the planet. He never said he was a better boxer, just that he could knock him out. The Klitschko's don't have the greatest chins in the world either.

vitali is one of the toughest dude in boxing history what the fuck is this jerk talking about

I agree with you, it's just that I get annoyed by the hyperboles thrown around here by haters as if Boxers are built of glass who will simply crumble to one leg kick or deteriorate from punches while once on the ground.

I find it hard to believe that a Boxer who can take punches for 12 rounds from the heaviest hitters in the world will just get KO by GnP from a wrestler whose specialty is not punching. Especially considering that punches are more powerful when thrown from the feet due to the body's mechanism as compare to being thrown while on the ground.

This is common sense any MMA fighter knows.
yes you can hit harder while standing than from the mount, but Wladimir doesn't have the best chin to start with he is just skilled enough that he doesn't get hit clean that often. If he were taken out of his element on the ground he'd likely get hit cleanly all night. His brother Vitali on the other hand I don't think JDS could knock out with GnP even he pounded on him for 25 minutes.

Ye I'm sure Jds would be fully focusing on stuffing takedowns if he he fought Klitschko.

yes you can hit harder while standing than from the mount, but Wladimir doesn't have the best chin to start with he is just skilled enough that he doesn't get hit clean that often. If he were taken out of his element on the ground he'd likely get hit cleanly all night. His brother Vitali on the other hand I don't think JDS could knock out with GnP even he pounded on him for 25 minutes.

Wladimir got drop three times by Samuel Peters who has very dangerous punching power and still managed to outclass him for the win.

The only TKOs (Not KO) losses Wladimir suffered were from Lamon Brewster who hits like a damn mule kick, Corrie Sanders who was a pressure fighter with solid power and a journeyman who still had a high KO ratio in his wins. All during the time Wladimir's defense was much poorer than it is now.

JDS could not knock out Nelson, Carwin and washed up Cro Cop. JDS's KO shots came from uppercuts and overhands, all whining punches which are naturally the strongest punches one can throw. But his power equals more to a Boxer who would wear down his opponents for six rounds or more before finally getting the finish in the latter rounds, rather than a one shot hitter who would finish his opponents in the early rounds.

At UFC 1 a pro boxer tapped just cuz Royce mounted him. Didnt even land a punch or attempt a submission

Almost as funny as Silva saying he could beat RJJ. These Brazilians and their egos..

If you want to be the best mma fighter in the world then you have to believe that you can outbox Mayweather, outwrestle Karelin and outgrapple Roger Gracie.

No. Reason is the key to success in any field. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses will guide you to victory. Thinking you can outbox Floyd or outwrestle Karelin and going in there and actually trying it is a recipe for you getting outclassed and having your confidence shattered.

Back