Social Remember this the next time you watch an American corporation bend the knee to China.

Agreed. Ben might be right on some issues but economics he is dead wrong and imho a shill for big corporations
I know a lot of Canadians didn't fancy Harper due to his favoring of Alberta, but the guy has a Masters degree in economics and led us to the 2nd best recovery of the g7 countries during the recession. How these retards can claim Trudeau is more qualified to run an economy simply blows me away.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/meghara/china-camps-prisons-xinjiang-muslims-size

Wow crazy stuff

Yeah.. I know the left barely if @ all care about these issues.

Discuss

Why single out corporations? How much made in China stuff have you purchased? What sort of cell phone and computer do you own? Doesn't seem like our politicians care much either.

Most corporations are about shareholder earnings, how much stock do you own in companies that do business in china?

Because no one else is being systematically attacked and destroyed like the Chinese minorities are.

What about the ethnic cleansing in Ethiopia? Israel apartheid? Genocide in Yemen?

He didn't leave office out of choice, and plenty of people were soft on China up until around 2015 when their moves in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the South China Sea became more obvious.

The fact he is using his name value to promote a change in tact is important. Plenty of Democrats and Republicans are still drinking Xi's juice, plenty of British Conservatives and far leftists are too. New Zealand seems to be abandoning their allies and making bed with China for economic gains. They should be kicked out of the Five Eyes and replaced by Japan IMO. Half of Europe is already more loyal to Beijing and Moscow than Washington and London.
agreed. he lost to trudy.

fact is before he was PM he was ntichina and postPM he is antichina but while he was in power and could do something about the chicoms- he welcomed pandas at the airport.

Its all words. No actions.

The Nazis missed the boat by about 80 years, today we'd be happily buying the products they created with slave labor and conquest.

What about the ethnic cleansing in Ethiopia? Israel apartheid? Genocide in Yemen?

Ethiopia is a mountain nation, with a two thousand year history, and people used to brutal hardship and war. It is Afghanistan, but levelled up to over 9000.

Isreal has arabs in it's parlaiment, and has offered peace multiple times. It even gave back the Sinai pennisula to Egypt after it was conquered to secure peace. The people in Gaza keep electing racial supremecists commited to genocide, even though they only exist because Tel Aviv view it as inhumane to wipe them all out. Even though Isreal could quite easily do that.

Yemen is a clusterfuck, but at this point, the Saudi's are out allies. MBS has clamped down hard on the rogue Wahhabi elements there. They are 'our guys', so we should show that loyalty pays and support them against Iran's incursions into their periphary states.

agreed. he lost to trudy.

fact is before he was PM he was ntichina and postPM he is antichina but while he was in power and could do something about the chicoms- he welcomed pandas at the airport.

Its all words. No actions.

He's actually involved in some Five Eyes think tank at the moment, looking to reshore manufacturing to the west. He was on British news when the Huawei ban was rolling out, and was talking about not letting Chinese nationals or funds buy into defense companies, which they could do up until a few years ago.

Isreal has arabs in it's parlaiment, and has offered peace multiple times. It even gave back the Sinai pennisula to Egypt after it was conquered to secure peace. The people in Gaza keep electing racial supremecists commited to genocide, even though they only exist because Tel Aviv view it as inhumane to wipe them all out. Even though Isreal could quite easily do that.

Given they are living under aparteid rule of a far right regime is it a surprise who they elect? Israel literally just elected a PM who brags about killing Arabs.

Ethiopia is a mountain nation, with a two thousand year history, and people used to brutal hardship and war. It is Afghanistan, but levelled up to over 9000.

Yemen is a clusterfuck, but at this point, the Saudi's are out allies. MBS has clamped down hard on the rogue Wahhabi elements there. They are 'our guys', so we should show that loyalty pays and support them against Iran's incursions into their periphary states.

He's actually involved in some Five Eyes think tank at the moment, looking to reshore manufacturing to the west. He was on British news when the Huawei ban was rolling out, and was talking about not letting Chinese nationals or funds buy into defense companies, which they could do up until a few years ago.

we are going in circles.

I agree he talks a good game.

He did nothing when he had the chance. He had a majority govt. He could have taken actions against the chicoms but he did not.

Given they are living under aparteid rule of a far right regime is it a surprise who they elect? Israel literally just elected a PM who brags about killing Arabs.

Bennett or Bibi.

Gaza are a hostile state at this point. Would you expect the US government to let the Cartels fire rockets into El Paso and San Diego, without coming down lile a hammer?

Bennett or Bibi.

Gaza are a hostile state at this point. Would you expect the US government to let the Cartels fire rockets into El Paso and San Diego, without coming down lile a hammer?

Wouldn't you be hostile if you were invaded, illegally occupied, oppressed and bombed? Living conditions are horrendous in Gaza.

Wouldn't you be hostile if you were invaded, illegally occupied, oppressed and bombed?

That land hasn't belonged to arabs, ever. Before Isreal got it by treaty from Britian, it was conquered by the British from the Ottomans, who conquered it from the Byzantines, who got it by treaty from the Romans, who conquered it from the Greeks, who conquered it from the Hebrew kingdoms and tribes.

The UN set up a partition plan, but the arabs rejected it in '49 and '67. Isreal offered a two state solution in both the nineties and noughties, with East Jerusalem being the Palestinian capital. Both times were rejected. When the mission statement of the Palestinian leadership is the complete ethnic cleansing of jews from the Levant, then I have no sympathy for their cause.

Hamas are blood and soil nationalists, and leftists are all behind them for....reasons.....

The left is anti imperialism, anti colonial, anti cultural chauvinism. The CCP is all these things. The left typically supports the little guy and historically suppressed groups. In China the Han dominate the country and small groups like the Uyghurs and Tibetans are under their jackboot.

I really don't know how these narrative started that the left supports China or doesn't care about the Uyghurs. Maybe people got the perception after Trump was tough on China , so people assumed the left must be for China since the left is opposed to Trump.

These guys literally live in upside down world.

Trumpers vote for Republicans while bitching that the left is corrupt and caters to big business. Of course, the left does cater to big business sometimes, but not at the exclusivity of nearly everything else, as the GOP has shown over the last 50 years. Everything is some version of trickle down, full stop.

That land hasn't belonged to arabs, ever. Before Isreal got it by treaty from Britian, it was conquered by the British from the Ottomans, who conquered it from the Byzantines, who got it by treaty from the Romans, who conquered it from the Greeks, who conquered it from the Hebrew kingdoms and tribes.

The UN set up a partition plan, but the arabs rejected it in '49 and '67. Isreal offered a two state solution in both the nineties and noughties, with East Jerusalem being the Palestinian capital. Both times were rejected. When the mission statement of the Palestinian leadership is the complete ethnic cleansing of jews from the Levant, then I have no sympathy for their cause.

Hamas are blood and soil nationalists, and leftists are all behind them for....reasons.....

The British never "conquered" Palestine from the Ottomans. They inherited it after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire after WW1.

channellock-all-trades-tongue-groove-pliers-426-c3_600.jpg

If you walk through the tool aisle at Walmart do yourself and the nice workers at Channel Lock a favor and buy one or more of their tools. No bullshit American company employing Americans.

F*ck China. I hate to say that because I don't dislike the people, I do hate the ruling party.
I have at least 6 of them. Not only are they better quality than any knock off, but not an overseas company either. Buy local, or as close as possible, whenever you can.

I have at least 6 of them. Not only are they better quality than any knock off, but not an overseas company either. Buy local, or as close as possible, whenever you can.

I hate knock-off tools, no matter how much cheaper they are. The time spent acquiring them isn't free, nor is the time lost when a tool fails.

At the start of the pandemic my company dramatically ramped up production of units that required a lot of riveting. We had been using compression tools and hand riveters. I strongly recommended cordless pop rivet drivers, which were a bit pricey. The guy in charge chose to buy pop rivet extensions for our impact drills, and instead of buying the American ones rated 4/5 on Amazon he bought the Chinese ones rated 1/5 because they were 25% cheaper.

One by one they failed, and we had to buy new ones almost immediately. Again he bought the cheap ones, and now that we're past the rush we having no functional ones left. They failed in exactly the ways the comments said they would, and I have no reason to believe the comments in the 4/5 American ones that said they last forever were any less accurate.

Are they on the level of China? Are they getting away with it like China is? I’d say except for Israel there is massive push back. Also Ethiopia is more a civil war. Yemen is a civi war with foreign interference. They aren’t similar to what China is doing. Basically China is doing what it is doing vector can

I'm sure corporations don't give a fuck about that.
All they care about is profits.
Why do you think many factories left America and landed in China?
It wasn't because they "cared about society".
they're prob trying to find a way to use the campers as slave labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back