Remember this Conor McGregor?

whose only consolation is money. And that's a lonely feeling, trust me.

Your typical shertard. The difference between you and him is probably only $100 million dollars, two kids and a wife.

His rise was perfect the way he'd call fights and hype them. It all seemed like a spectacle until icing Aldo which cemented everything then the domination of Alvarez was a cherry on top. People act like the Diaz and Khabib fight means he's horrible but he's still a very high level fighter.
Another sucker

It started to go downhill before the end of that Conor.
He was unbearable in the run up to Aldo but performance wise you couldn't really fault him.
The run up to Aldo got me paying attention....Either that or Aldos reaction to it....When he grabbed that belt from in front of Aldo....That moment will stay with me forever....{<buffer}

Is that the whiskey salesman from twitter? Didn't know he used to fight. I'd say he's around 50 now, so that must have been like in the Chuck Liddell era.

Yes we will. All it takes is millions in marketing and feeding your hype machine. You nerds act like Conor was the first every hype job in the UFC just because you bought it.
Did the marketing win his fights for him? Did the marketing give him charisma? I dont care how much money you put into marketing, charisma and fighting style played a massive role, and not to mention the irish identity. If its so easy to create a star, then you would see more of it. Shit, how many fight does Jones have to win? How much marketing? Still no one cares. Conor created the hype through his words and action. And he won 2 belts. Which i called happening before he did it.

Your typical shertard. The difference between you and him is probably only $100 million dollars, two kids and a wife.
There is no wife but ya

Did the marketing win his fights for him? Did the marketing give him charisma? I dont care how much money you put into marketing, charisma and fighting style played a massive role, and not to mention the irish identity. If its so easy to create a star, then you would see more of it. Shit, how many fight does Jones have to win? How much marketing? Still no one cares. Conor created the hype through his words and action. And he won 2 belts. Which i called happening before he did it.
Nah, fighting no-name midgets did all that, which was part of the UFCs plan...so I guess you could call that marketing? Giving him mediocre stand up only fighters 6 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than him, then the first time he fights a legit grappler and contender, make sure said grappler/contender isnt allowed to train before hand ... etc etc etc all the way to a ridiculous Mayweather fight.

If you don't understand how it works then I won't argue with you. Conor is and always was a farce, like Brock Lesnar ... and you fangirls gobbled that dick right up.

No doubt, he had legendary hype and charisma behind him. But as with any sham, it eventually crashes down.

You can't be "all those things" while having no ground game. If he was only matched with b and c level strikers for the rest of his career, he'd be "the best of all time", but Conor was never the real deal, so here we are.

Last edited:

What a run. I cant begin the describe how magical it felt being on this hype train from the very beginning of his UFC career. If that were you then you know what Im talking about. It was like watching a living legend grow with our own eyes. Like being a follower of a prophet just watching him turn unbelievers into believers. It was exciting times back then. We will never see anything else like it in our life time.

Sadly, the devil got to him. He was close to becoming a William Wallace type of hero. Maybe a statue or 2 would be built in his honour in Ireland. Instead, the fame, the money, adultery, the drugs, the liquor, hanging out with demonic celebs like beyonce, jay-z, ect got to him. The wide eyed kid from Dublin was no match for the devil. Overwhelmed he was. Sold his soul he did...

A damn shame.

Hey take it easy man! Thinking of taking your own life for an uneducated 2 brain cell imbecile moron like Conor is just not worth it.

Holy shit, I just realized the ref for the Butchinger fight was Marc Goddard!

He lost me after the mayweather fight; he did what he said he´do. Run the game and get rich as quick as possible and get out.

Making +50 mill on a worldwide broadcasted fight with the p4p no#1 boxer of this era is crazy.

Too bad he used the post fight press conference to promote his shitty whiskey. Everything went south from that point onwards. Greed got to him.

Nah, fighting no-name midgets did all that, which was part of the UFCs plan...so I guess you could call that marketing? Giving him mediocre stand up only fighters 6 inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than him, then the first time he fights a legit grappler and contender, make sure said grappler/contender isnt allowed to train before hand ... etc etc etc all the way to a ridiculous Mayweather fight.

If you don't understand how it works then I won't argue with you. Conor is and always was a farce, like Brock Lesnar ... and you fangirls gobbled that dick right up.
I love how the only thing you haters bring up to discredit his resume is the height of his opponents. Like being shorter than your opponent is a disadvantage even though you got shorter fighters kicking ass all the time. But yes, lets blame it on the height even though he fought Max who is 5’11, dustin who is 5’9, Aldo and Diego who are 5’7. Conor is 5’9. You make 2 inch height advantage seem like its Jon Jones type of advantage. Oh and he beat eddie who is 5’9, a champion, a vet, a grappler, who had time to train. So there goes that argument. So tell me, which of these were easy fights for him to win? Before you say Diego, realize that its his third fight in the ufc coming off a acl injury. Marcus was his first fight, extremely short notice. Siver was a step back ill give that to you. Chad wasnt in fight shape but Conor tore his knee rolling with Rory at my gym so call that even. Where are these easy fights? He got the right fights for his level of experience. If you think otherwise, then you don’t know how to bring up a fighter. Shit, look at khabib. Look at his opponents before he fought RDA. To this day, he hasnt fought a high level wrestler. See? Picking apart someones resume is not hard. You can do it with any fighter.

What a run. I cant begin the describe how magical it felt being on this hype train from the very beginning of his UFC career. If that were you then you know what Im talking about. It was like watching a living legend grow with our own eyes. Like being a follower of a prophet just watching him.

No disrespect but you must be really stupid.

Conor got a title shot from beating Dennis siver. Early in his career he was sleazing up social media, giving ronda and miesha the #metoo treatment.

Making scumbag nazi remarks about siver, talking about enslaving Brazilians. All the mystic mac stuff was bollocks, reckoned he'd do siver in 2 mins, took him 2 rounds but everyone kept swallowing his shite.

Got strangled by nate on a few days notice but the ufc got him that rematch reacharound that he arguably lost

Special treatment all the way, still never defended a belt

Its always been obvious that hes simply a hype job and history will remember him that way

Conor got a title shot from beating Dennis siver. Early in his career he was sleazing up social media, giving ronda and miesha the #metoo treatment.

Making scumbag nazi remarks about siver, talking about enslaving Brazilians. All the mystic mac stuff was bollocks, reckoned he'd do siver in 2 mins, took him 2 rounds but everyone kept swallowing his shite.

Got strangled by nate on a few days notice but the ufc got him that rematch reacharound that he arguably lost

Its always been obvious that hes simply a hype job and history will remember him that way
Man, you hit it on the nail.

In what world are you labeled as a hype job when you have these fighters on your resume???

Max (dominated)
Dustin (starched)
Aldo (predicted himself)
Nate (Beating nate without using wrestling is hard to do)
Eddie (made him look like an amateur)

Be honest here. Conor was a good fighter. No one is saying he is goat. But lets call it like it is, he was a damn good fighter. He got flaws in his game, yes. Nate is a tough match up and khabib is khabib. But lets not pretend that if you put conor in there against the top 5 LWs of today that he wouldnt slap a few heads around. Dustin? Cerone? Barboza? Felder? He would win these fights 100%. Islam? Thats tough. Justin? Another tough one. Gregor? No. Tony? No. Khabib? No.

Dont mean he aint a good fighter. He is still an elite LW.

Had he stayed lean and did not put on all this muscle, he would probably be the FW champ right now.

No doubt, he had legendary hype and charisma behind him. But as with any sham, it eventually crashes down.

You can't be "all those things" while having no ground game. If he was only matched with b and c level strikers for the rest of his career, he'd be "the best of all time", but Conor was never the real deal, so here we are.
This whole “no ground game” thing has always been a false narrative. He dominated Max on the ground. He dominated Siver on the ground. He had a torn knee against Chad so his TDD was off. Still got out of the choke which is a specialty of team alpha male fighters. He swept Nate in the first fight and then gassed. This is where the whole no ground game started. He was hurt and gassed and got choked out by a bjj black belt. What a sham right? Eddie then couldnt take him down. And then Conor defended khabibs takedowns and gnp better than most of khabibs opponents. He clearly has a ground game. You can see him train it all the time. He just hasnt gotten a chance to show it much.

Prime McGregor surpassed Ali and Bruce Lee.
Can't get any dumber than this.
"Prime McGregor" - lol!@@!#!# butt hurt fan boy here :)
There's no such thing as "Prime" Ali or "Prime" Bruce Lee because they were born prime and died prime.
McGregor sucker punches old people in the bar. There's no prime in that, and if you act this way, there never was.

Not to mention selling shit whiskey and making racist remarks.
Screw you for even comparing Bruce Lee and Ali to that piece of human garbage.

Back