Remember this Conor McGregor?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

What a run. I cant begin the describe how magical it felt being on this hype train from the very beginning of his UFC career. If that were you then you know what Im talking about. It was like watching a living legend grow with our own eyes. Like being a follower of a prophet just watching him turn unbelievers into believers. It was exciting times back then. We will never see anything else like it in our life time.

Sadly, the devil got to him. He was close to becoming a William Wallace type of hero. Maybe a statue or 2 would be built in his honour in Ireland. Instead, the fame, the money, adultery, the drugs, the liquor, hanging out with demonic celebs like beyonce, jay-z, ect got to him. The wide eyed kid from Dublin was no match for the devil. Overwhelmed he was. Sold his soul he did...

A damn shame.

I've been watching MMA so long, I remember when he used to fight!

giphy.gif

It started to go downhill before the end of that Conor.
He was unbearable in the run up to Aldo but performance wise you couldn't really fault him.

I enjoyed Conor's fights can't lie. I just wish him and Artem didn't retire so soon:

1buWz4K.png

YWf7c6f.gif

I still cant believe the Aldo fight happened

It started to go downhill before the end of that Conor.
He was unbearable in the run up to Aldo but performance wise you couldn't really fault him.
I agree. And then he fell flat with his "magic" against RDA but then that fight fell through.

Anyway good riddance to that era. What an embarrassment

It was fun. I still think Aldo beats him in that situation most times. Unfortunately for Conor, it would have been better for him had that happened.

Dude is a sad shitshow right now whose only consolation is money. And that's a lonely feeling, trust me. I hope he gets his shit together and gets back to fighting. Great, entertaining fighter.

His rise was perfect the way he'd call fights and hype them. It all seemed like a spectacle until icing Aldo which cemented everything then the domination of Alvarez was a cherry on top. People act like the Diaz and Khabib fight means he's horrible but he's still a very high level fighter.

if anyone knows the interview the talking in the beginning is from please let me know, very good stuff

What a run. I cant begin the describe how magical it felt being on this hype train from the very beginning of his UFC career. If that were you then you know what Im talking about. It was like watching a living legend grow with our own eyes. Like being a follower of a prophet just watching him turn unbelievers into believers. It was exciting times back then. We will never see anything else like it in our life time.

Yes we will. All it takes is millions in marketing and feeding your hype machine. You nerds act like Conor was the first every hype job in the UFC just because you bought it.

Back