Media Remember Rampage vs. Evans??,

Thought this was going to be a most disappointing fights thread.

I do not wanna fucking remember that fight. I can't remember if there was a bigger let down. So much hype and a completely shit fight.

Is there any matchup today or in the near future that doesn't involve Conor McGregor, that could create that kind of buzz and heat? I don't know the numbers it did but I'm from the hood and I remember everybody and their uncle wanted to see that fight. Most people who I can't get to watch MMA for shit. They all wanted to come to my house when I ordered that crap of a fight lol.

I guess Masvidal vs. Diaz was up there but not really IMO. I'm not one of those "UFC is dying" guys but shit just don't seem the same.

Here is Rampage micd up during the fight

my biggest memory of this event is a sherdogger shooping a fight poster to say UFC 114 Black on Black Violence

All I got to say is there's going to be some more black on black crime!

Is there any matchup today or in the near future that doesn't involve Conor McGregor, that could create that kind of buzz and heat? I don't know the numbers it did but I'm from the hood and I remember everybody and their uncle wanted to see that fight. Most people who I can't get to watch MMA for shit. They all wanted to come to my house when I ordered that crap of a fight lol.

I guess Masvidal vs. Diaz was up there but not really IMO. I'm not one of those "UFC is dying" guys but shit just don't seem the same.

The difference is back in those days the UFC hyped the fights, then guys like Chael came along and hyped his own fights and the UFC got lazy.

Cormier vs Lewis which happened at MSG did $2.8 million in gate and did one 2.5x more so yeah Nate and Masvidal were special not just the arena.

It still got nowhere near the PPV buys of Evans and Rampage. Imagine if Evans and Rampage happened then at MSG with today's ticket pricing. It isn't really Jorge and Nate's fault. They didn't have an entire season of Ultimate Fighter with Kimbo to promote their fight. Still, Rashad and Rampage was the bigger money fight. Masvidal and Nate shouldn't be in same breath hype wise.

I think T Silva happened first
You are right.
It still got nowhere near the PPV buys of Evans and Rampage. Imagine if Evans and Rampage happened then at MSG with today's ticket pricing. It isn't really Jorge and Nate's fault. They didn't have an entire season of Ultimate Fighter with Kimbo to promote their fight. Still, Rashad and Rampage was the bigger money fight. Masvidal and Nate shouldn't be in same breath hype wise.
People forget that Rampage had a personality that transcended MMA.

Back then we had a group of guys from work who would all get together snd watch most of the big ppvs. That fight sucked so bad we never did it again.

Whole lot of hype for this fight but it didn’t live up to expectations! War Rampage

those 2 men hated each other so the lead up wasnt fake in any way. the stuff that happened on tuf wasnt fake. the only thing close to that was the stuff between jones and dc.

Back