Remember Mir?

bongnatas

Green Belt
Reaction score
So everyone is riding DC's nuttsack pretty hard these days...talking about how he's going to be such a challenge for Jones (HAHA), but what I can't understand is how can people be looking past Frank Mir? WTF? this fight is definitely not a gimme for DC, if anything I see him losing to Mir, yeah, I said it...I think DC has a really good chance of being submitted after what I've seen of his fighting style.

And to those that think he is going to ragdoll Mir like he did barnett, well, Josh doesn't have his PEDs anymore so he's not the same fighter he was back in Pride and Mir has always be out of his league anyways...I just don't think DC is going to be as good as people think he's going to be in the UFC...future gatekeeper IMO, at HW or LHW

DC is a stupidly skilled wrestler with some serious ko power. He's tailor-made to beat mir.

So many people underestimate Mir. When that man grabs a limb, anything can happen.

Im a big Mir fan and i dont see him really beating Cornier, he may outpoint him like he did with Nelson, if he manage to wear Cornier down. Cornier has more chances of finishing the fight in the standing, so i think he will keep to that strategy.

Cormier's legit. While I find some of the Strikeforce nuthugging to be laughable (people calling for Jacare to fight Silva and acting like Gilbert Melendez has a chance against Bendo, for example) Cormier has proven himself against some quality heavyweights. While it's foolish to ever write Mir off I think Cormier is deserving to be the favorite going into that fight.

DC > Mir and when he does ill write on your wall TS

with some of his awesome striking? yeah, right...he will obviously take Mir down, then I see it ending very badly for him.

You've never seen a Cormier fight, so do not comment. His striking is good, and he usually prefers to keep fights standing. Even when he ragdolls his opponents and slams them he usually allows them back up.

DC > Mir and when he does ill write on your wall TS

ooohh, I can hardly wait...but just because you say he is doesn't make it so, people always underestimate Mir, the shit's damn comical

Cormier hit Starling with a right hand that would retire Mir. Absolutely vicious fast hands from DC spell doom for Mir.

Of course, if DC gets sloppy Mir can sub anyone. The striking edge clearly goes to DC, he's faster and Mir is chinny.

Not sure how good Cormier is but I'll be rooting for Mir.

ooohh, I can hardly wait...but just because you say he is doesn't make it so, people always underestimate Mir, the shit's damn comical

Says the guy who thinks Cormier will throw him down and wrestle him. Comical indeed.

Cormier is not letting this one go to the ground, he'll just punch Frank in the face a lot while standing until the ref says it's over.

Don't be upset.

Mir has a glass jaw, he'll get knocked

You've never seen a Cormier fight, so do not comment. His striking is good, and he usually prefers to keep fights standing. Even when he ragdolls his opponents and slams them he usually allows them back up.

He'll want to stand the entire fight with Mir. It's the biggest reason Cormier wants this fight.

He's smart. He knows he has a good chance of winning, and Mir is a good name. But he has to be careful of overlooking Mir. I feel like everyone is.

dat uppercut

I see Cormier working Mir pretty badly...but who knows? Mir has been around this long for a reason you know? Cormier by KO Round 1...maybe 2

Back