remeber Davis was a better wrestler then Evans

Good point, TS. But you're going to get flamed for it.

I Know, let the shertards flame away.

I Know i was very suprised that Davis his wrestling had no role in that fight.
Cormier isnt Davis But all this talk about his wrestling makes me wonder if he can effectively use it against a p4p Mma fighter with good (mma)wrestling of his own and that difficult body type, I m thinking knee/guillotine win Jones, But hoping 5rounds grind discussion Cormier

Its a good point but it'll fall on deaf ears. Phill Davis is a highly regarded wrestler and a NCAA division 1 champion. The point the Evans fight proved was that it's easier to avoid take-downs then it is to get one.

With that said, yeah, yeah i get it Cormier's a better wrestler then Davis, but the point remains. I think people will be surprised to see how easy Jones is able to avoid the take-down, especially because Cormier needs Jones down more then Jones needs Cormier down.

Remember davis struggling to take down minotouro and cormier struggling to take down...oh wait, when did cormier have trouble taking down anyone?

Remember davis struggling to take down minotouro and cormier struggling to take down...oh wait, when did cormier have trouble taking down anyone?

Minotouro could stop him for 1/1,5 round IF I remembered correctly (and funny how rashad couldn't do nothing with him)
I'm not a Jones fan but this is not just 'anyone'

evens wrestled at a much harder weight class than Davis. He was a much smaller guy in his wrestling days. Some athletes come on later in their career. Rashad could probably hold his own in a strait up folk or freestyle wrestling match with Davis right now in 2015.

With this being said, DC and Jones aren't even on the same fucking planet in regards to wrestling credentials. Jones was a JC greco champion. Greco doesn't have anywhere near the level on competition as free or folk (especially in the united states), and being a JC national champ isn't that big of a deal. I only lost 5-1 to a future JC national champ my senior year of HS, and I was a match from even placing at the state tournament to put things into perspective. DC was the fucking captain of the U.S. Olympic team for Christ sake lol

Also, he has better "MMA wrestling"
If you think JJ's dumps Josh Barnett on his head like that, you are sadly mistaken. I'm not saying Jones won'r win, but it won't be with his wrestling lol

evens wrestled at a much harder weight class than Davis. He was a much smaller guy in his wrestling days. Some athletes come on later in their career. Rashad could probably hold his own in a strait up folk or freestyle wrestling match with Davis right now in 2015.

With this being said, DC and Jones aren't even on the same fucking planet in regards to wrestling credentials. Jones was a JC greco champion. Greco doesn't have anywhere near the level on competition as free or folk (especially in the united states), and being a JC national champ isn't that big of a deal. I only lost 5-1 to a future JC national champ my senior year of HS, and I was a match from even placing at the state tournament to put things into perspective. DC was the fucking captain of the U.S. Olympic team for Christ sake lol

Also, he has better "MMA wrestling"
If you think JJ's dumps Josh Barnett on his head like that, you are sadly mistaken. I'm not saying Jones won'r win, but it won't be with his wrestling lol

But do you think DC will have his way with Jones like he did with barnett? Jones knows he will have to close the distance. Defending wrestling with reach/knees/wrestling is 'easier' then getting a takedown of your own

But do you think DC will have his way with Jones like he did with barnett? Jones knows he will have to close the distance. Defending wrestling with reach/knees/wrestling is 'easier' then getting a takedown of your own

yeah, I do

But I think that JJ's is one of the best finishers in the game, and he will have the cardio advantage. I could see DC completely dominating for the first couple rounds and then slowing down and getting caught in a sub or lose the power to hold jones down and get picked apart on the feet.

but yeah, I will be shocked if DC loses the first round.

yeah, I do

But I think that JJ's is one of the best finishers in the game, and he will have the cardio advantage. I could see DC completely dominating for the first couple rounds and then slowing down and getting caught in a sub or lose the power to hold jones down and get picked apart on the feet.

but yeah, I will be shocked if DC loses the first round.

Man I had a bad feeling about this one

Back