Remakes/Reboots/Prequels

Remakes?

• Total voters

Mike

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Fucking suck sooooooooo bad. Does anyone else wish they would just stop retroactively ruining our favorite franchises?

Robocop: Terrible
Alien: Incredibly Terrible
Blade Runner: Ok I guess but why tho?
Terminator: God no, please just stop. No Mas
Godzilla: Meh
Star Wars: Ok to terrible in record time
Predator: Pretty bad, the best one was the one with Eric Foreman in it
The Thing: An insult to the original in every way
Halloween: Who thought they should let Rob Fucking Zombie direct movies?!?!?
NOES: Bland and forgettable. I bet you forgot they made this.
Independence Day: I mean really though? Really?
Jurassic Park: You managed to make dinosaurs boring. W O W

Is anyone actually enjoying these? Anyone else wish they'd just try a new fucking idea every once in a while? That was the cool thing about the 80's, they weren't afraid to actually try new fucking ideas.

Fucking suck sooooooooo bad. Does anyone else wish they would just stop retroactively ruining our favorite franchises?

Robocop, Alien, and Star Wars had awesome sequels/prequels. Some better than others. The rest on your list I agree, they sucked. You left out 'Jaws' and 'Rocky', both had terrible sequels.

Robocop, Alien, and Star Wars had awesome sequels/prequels. Some better than others. The rest on your list I agree, they sucked. You left out 'Jaws' and 'Rocky', both had terrible sequels.
For Robocop I meant the reboot in 2013 or 2014. Alien had Aliens which is incredible. The other sequels are pretty bad though. I did not enjoy the star wars prequels.

Not Really a Jaws guy. I do enjoy Rocky 1, 2, and 4.

When it comes to remakes it’s really more misses than hits. For sequels and prequels it depends. If it’s part of a trilogy like the Matrix, or longer stories like Star wars then of course it is required to have the whole story.

My issue is more with a standalone movie which is a complete story on its own, and because the movie does well they make part 2 and 3 just to milk it. Sometimes they get it right, but other times they should leave well enough alone.

Awesome remakes:

Dredd
3:10 to Yuma
True Grit
The Bourne Identity
True Lies
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Let me In

Blade Runner is a pretty amazing movie. Visually stunning with a very solid script.

I expect no less from Denis Villeneuve

The Total Recall remake had its moments, but was shitty overall, IMO

John Carpenter’s The Thing was a remake of The Thing From Another World.

220px-Texas_chainsaw_massacre.jpg

220px-Fridaythe13th2009.JPG

18465110.jpg

Excellent horror remakes

Oh yeah, and they didn't use Robert England even though he was alive and available

Loved Blade Runner 2049, it felt that they actually put some love and thought into it so it wasn't a straight, uninspired cash grab like most sequels/reboots/remakes.

I used to hate the incessant remake craze, but I'd gladly take it any day over this ridiculous SJW PC craze we're currently experiencing.

Blade Runner 2049 sucked in my opinion. The movie ends where it started, nothing changed. Wallace, the bad guy, is alive and knows how to find Stelline, the good girl. Bad guy lives to kill the hero on another day. I'm like, that's it?

Jaws 2 was pretty good.

Rocky series is legendary. Even 5 isn't that bad.

But the common trait of the series listed in the OP is that they have mostly had shitty sequels / prequels / remakes / reboots in the last 5 years or so.

Back