Remakes/Reboots/Prequels

Remakes?

• Total voters
I get what you're saying but most people don't consider the 1950's version as the "original" The iconic one is clearly the 1982 version. The point of the thread is the absolute glut of 80's remakes, and just how few are any good.

We all get what your thread means but you cannot choose which is the original just because it's better.
The original means it's the first.

The Fly is also a remake that is superior to the original.

We all get what your thread means but you cannot choose which is the original just because it's better.
The original means it's the first.

The Fly is also a remake that is superior to the original.
I didn't say it was the original. The idea was to point out how many 80's movies have been rebooted recently to capitalize on nostalgia. Not to say every single remake ever is bad. Do you not see an overall trend with the movies listed.

True, but I wouldnt call it horrendous.

Yeah, it's not a bad film tbh. Way better than those sparkling vampires franchise for sure. Tells a different story than the original.

I actually thought The Thing remake was good. They pretty much didn't deviate from the first one though so it was hard for it to be bad.

Stop the remakes and stupid cartoon movies, let acting come to the forefront again ala dog day afternoon/goodfellas or there will be blood.

Back