• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rehab.

You guys won't hear from me for 3 days or more I suppose. It's been fun but tomorrow I'm going to one of those 3 day clinics for detox and they don't allow electronics.

This is going to royally suck. I hope I get my life on track again and still visit you guys afterwards when I get sober.

Thanks all. You guys are funny. Please make some good posts as this time could be the end of me.

Good luck to you Sherbro, Gina sends her best too

<NewGina>

It's absolutely brutal man and it's not just the shakes you're hot and cold at the same time, itchy, throwing up 20 times per day, sweating profusely and it's bad smelling.
Damn. I been drinking pretty much almost daily for 25 years and anywhere from a 6 pack to a 15 pack a night. I have no problems quitting from anywhere from a few weeks to a month, never got none of those symptoms. I usually do a 2-4 week quit when i drink too much and feel like shit the next day. Its pretty much my body and mind saying it needs a break, lol.

This thread is making me want to binge drink again
Is that like drinking from the time you get up to the time you pass out?
I never start drinking till at least 5pm unless its a holiday picnic that starts around noon, but thats not very often.

Is that like drinking from the time you get up to the time you pass out?
I never start drinking till at least 5pm unless its a holiday picnic that starts around noon, but thats not very often.
Yes, but for weeks LOL

Can I ask what you learned in rehab?
I've done over a year if it...

Most of it is sitting around feeling sorry for yourself... The trick I learned is to blame myself for everything that goes wrong in my life, and try and correct that shit... People who blame everything else never get anywhere.

Most of them are religious, which was a huge problem for me to get around... 12 Steps are all about a higher power - I just made the higher power myself, and I punch my own clock, and beat my own drum... Makes me completely unemployable long-term, but I create a lot of work for myself, and I'm pretty much bullet-proof as far as being offended by what people tell me...I've heard it all already.

I wouldn't do it again if i had the option, but it definitely helped make me who I am today.

I've done over a year if it...

Most of it is sitting around feeling sorry for yourself... The trick I learned is to blame myself for everything that goes wrong in my life, and try and correct that shit... People who blame everything else never get anywhere.

Most of them are religious, which was a huge problem for me to get around... 12 Steps are all about a higher power - I just made the higher power myself, and I punch my own clock, and beat my own drum... Makes me completely unemployable long-term, but I create a lot of work for myself, and I'm pretty much bullet-proof as far as being offended by what people tell me...I've heard it all already.

I wouldn't do it again if i had the option, but it definitely helped make me who I am today.
Thanks for sharing. I've been thrown out of a number of online AA support groups since I don't agree with everything they believe/say.

Thanks for sharing. I've been thrown out of a number of online AA support groups since I don't agree with everything they believe/say.
I don't either, but I was young, and very fucked up back then...

I did 9 months of intense once... Jailhouse hours with lights out at 9.30, and 4, group sessions per day... I still spout that shit sometimes - it scarred me up.

Tbh I was just wishing sherbro good luck - he's lucky it's a short detox... I wasn't even in there for any hard drugs - its a really long story.

Back