Referee Decisions.

If you pull guard and the activity is close to even you should lose. You should pull guard with the intent of doing something from their... Decisions mostly always go to the guy on top in that situation.

Next time, grab his leg as he tries to pull guard. You should get the 2 points as you usually aren't allowed to pull guard to avoid a takedown. All you need is to grab his pant leg as he's jumping and a good ref should award you the points. (Although I just realized that I'm talking about with the gi, which may not be the case here?)

Yeah it was in Gi. Do you mean just overhook his leg or like grab the pants or what? Is it to make it look like a takedown of my own or something?

Ah it probably didn't matter. I felt like that ref was biased for the way he was calling some things, guess there isn't much I can do about it though, other than do my best to not leave it upto dumbass judges.

Yeah it was in Gi. Do you mean just overhook his leg or like grab the pants or what? Is it to make it look like a takedown of my own or something?

Ah it probably didn't matter. I felt like that ref was biased for the way he was calling some things, guess there isn't much I can do about it though, other than do my best to not leave it upto dumbass judges.

You actually will have to attempt a TKD, you just cannot get 2 points for holding his pants.

Yeah thats what I thought too. The leg holding thing didn't make sense to me.

If you hold his leg or pants and then make a move (foward, backward etc).

Uke jumps or pull guard as a result of your action, it is deemed to pull guard to avoid the "tkd".

now the question is what happens if you grab his leg/pants before he jumps or plant his foot on your hips.

You actually will have to attempt a TKD, you just cannot get 2 points for holding his pants.

Not necessarily. If he attempts to jump guard while you are holding the pants, it's 2pts for takedown.

Not necessarily. If he attempts to jump guard while you are holding the pants, it's 2pts for takedown.

I thought you will to make some kind of movement as well to be considered a tkd attempt.

so holding the pants would be considered as an attempt of tkd i.e reaching foward and grabbing the pants.

I thought you will to make some kind of movement as well to be considered a tkd attempt.

so holding the pants would be considered as an attempt of tkd i.e reaching foward and grabbing the pants.

I think it's him jumping guard that becomes the important "movement" at that point. It's HIS movement to avoid the takedown. If you have a tiny piece of his pants between your thumb and index finger and he jumps guard the ref is supposed to give you the 2 pts. Doesn't always happen though. :wink:

Just had a fight, he's in my closed guard, it goes to time, both of us - no points, no advantages.

Referee walks over to the timekeeper, walks back over to us, says "we don't have time for overtime so the other guy won because he was more aggressive."

As if his aggression (shaking around in my guard without offering any hint of an open or passage) was worth more than the deep collar grab I had trying to work for a choke the whole time.

Oh well, I know it's my own fault for not being better/sweeping/finishing him.

/end crybaby rant.

what tourney was this??

Back