Recovery

THE COLONEL83

White Belt
Reaction score
How does everybody feel is the best way to recover? sometimes if Ive trained really hard one night then go train the next night I feel gassed quickly and the workout feels real hard? I do push myself as hard as I can in every session ie feeling sick etc and I am not a novice trainer. All advice much appreciated.

THE COLONEL

Proper hydration, proper nutrition, intelligent warm-up strategies, post workout stretching, PWO low intensity LSD cardio for lactic acid clearance, contrast showers, epsom salt baths, ice or ice baths, active recovery(taking a walk, etc.) and intelligent supplementation.

Proper hydration, proper nutrition, intelligent warm-up strategies, post workout stretching, PWO low intensity LSD cardio for lactic acid clearance, contrast showers, epsom salt baths, ice or ice baths, active recovery(taking a walk, etc.) and intelligent supplementation.
There you have it.

I enjoy a good dump before and after working out.

But seriously, if I'm sore I'll try and stretch the affected area. As for energy, I imagine it's down to nutrition and sleep.

Thanks for the advice guys my diets pretty good to be fair and I sleep like a log most nights. As for supps I am not that well informed on them as to which ones work etc mainly because I always think the companys trying to rip me off with sugars and sweeteners etc. Which ones do you think should be a staple in a fighters regime?? The only one I do use is whey powder at the minute.

yeah sorry ive just been there think ill invest in some creatine,beta alanine,carnitine a multi vit and prob some EFA'S thanks again guys

don't think that supplementation alone will help recovery, things that have helped me the most were eating alot, foam rolling, and long walks/bike riding

Eating and sleeping.

It is so extremely hard to make people believe that it really is that simple. "Surely there must be some magic, but expensive, way that is much better so that I don't have to eat more."

jacking off helps too.
or blowjobs.
Sex is too much work for your tired body though.

Is there a point where more sleep wont help or can you just make yourself sleep and sleep and it will keep helping your body recover? right now im just aiming for 8 hours but would more help or am i wasteing my time?

Is there a point where more sleep wont help or can you just make yourself sleep and sleep and it will keep helping your body recover? right now im just aiming for 8 hours but would more help or am i wasteing my time?

Can't cite where I read this but, I think anything past 8 or 9 hours is actually bad for you. Generally, you should be sleeping when you feel tired, if only that was always possible...

Can't cite where I read this but, I think anything past 8 or 9 hours is actually bad for you. Generally, you should be sleeping when you feel tired, if only that was always possible...

There's a couple things you might be thinking of. First, too much sleep can affect hormone levels, rythms, especially melatonin. Second, there's the correlation between more than 8-9 hours of sleep a day and being overweight...this is simply because you burn less calories while asleep. And third, there's correlation between various health problems and fatigue, drowsiness and sleeping more.

Are there any problems with lifting light weights with sore muscles. Often times i will work out so hard on monday that on wednesday my sholders or calfs will still ache and be a little sore. What i want to know is what damage could i potentialy be doing or could this be good if i take it really light? eg: for blood flow?

eat, sleep, rest, massages (if possible), contrast showers, ice or heat when needed, stretching, light workouts occassionally. One of the most overlooked piece of the puzzle is proper hydration.

Are there any problems with lifting light weights with sore muscles. Often times i will work out so hard on monday that on wednesday my sholders or calfs will still ache and be a little sore. What i want to know is what damage could i potentialy be doing or could this be good if i take it really light? eg: for blood flow?

harden the fuk up?

Back