Recommendation for sparring sets?

Big John

Blargen
@Black
Reaction score
I want to buy a couple sets of sparring gear(footpads, shinguards, headgear, gloves, chestguards) and was wondering if anyone could give me a recommendation. Thanks.

Pretty much anything you find at Ringside or Combat Sports should be fine. They make solid, affordable, down-the-middle gear that is plenty durable.

If you want to go higher-end, try Fairtex.

Anyone have any experience with lower-end sets such as Macho and Proforce?

CHawkins said:
Pretty much anything you find at Ringside or Combat Sports should be fine. They make solid, affordable, down-the-middle gear that is plenty durable.

If you want to go higher-end, try Fairtex.

agree what this guy says

Definitely don't get macho. I would say if you want good mma gloves for cheap go to txmma.com. The truth gloves are the same quality as Ouanos but half the price. Shin guards I would go withFairtex (Phenom has a great deal on a very nice set on ebay). Chest guard? Are you doing tkd or something? Head gear I have no recommendations cause I don't use it. The one thing I will say is do not skimp on the mouthguard (biteme or opro). If you want boxing gloves fairtex or twins are the best.

I got this messeage when I tried to enter their site :eek: :

You have been blocked from entering this site.

You have attempted a Scripting attack on this site.

All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be report to local or federal officers.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at paul(at)txmma(dot)com.

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
Remote Address: 81.225.37.45
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none
Date Blocked: 2005-08-02 10:34:37
Block expires: Permanent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back